Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eveline

Eveline

This is another Irish name I found today. Its prn as Ev-ah-Leen. How would you prn it? Would it have difficulty? I really love it, and it's meaning. Thoughts?

LOVE Eveline! I always figured it was more French than Irish, but I still think it's really cool. It's a feminine form of Evelyn, which has masculine origins. I prefer Eveline/Evelina for that reason. I think my personal preference is toward Evelina, but I do like Eveline a lot! I like some of your other choices with Annabel, Sullivan, and Owen, though.

Oh, and I automatically say it as ev-ah-leen...

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Good to know you prn it the same! Yes, Evelina is Spanish I believe? But on babynamesofireland.com Eveline is listed as an anglicized form of the Irish name. I think it has other origins, too. I agree, I prefer it to Evelyn.

Which others do you prefer with my sibset? My list:
    Fiona
    Maeve
    Neve
    Violet
    Iris
    Clara
    Vivienne
    Eveline

love Eveline...Nickel Creek has a song called Eveline that is hauntingly beautiful

I like Violet and Clara better with your kids, although neither is especially Irish, I don't think, if that's what you're going for. Didn't you used to have Vivienne, Imogen, and Tallulah on your list, as well? I like all of those with Annabel, Sullivan, and Owen more, personally. Especially Imogen and Violet!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George