Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elliott

As Elliott is one of my long term favorite boy names, I'm not a fan of using it on a girl. Sorry.
    Proud Mama to Two Perfect Little Ladies.
    Big Girl, 25.04.2007
    Small Girl, 06.09.2011

Wanting to be Pregnant & Hoping for a 2013 Blessing.

Alice Victoria Primrose | Annabella Sophie Faye
    Noah Gabriel Joseph | Zachary Roman James

Vote on my name list here.

I agree with @miloowen and Lucy! Elliot is just a very, very handsome boys' name to me, and it's been a favorite of mine for years. I can't for the life of me see the appeal of it on a girl, sorry! The -et/-ett/-ette/-ot/-ott/-otte endings are popular on boys (Elliot, Bennett, Beckett, Emmett, Everett, Abbott, Truett, Lovett for boys--some aren't popular, but others are) AND girls (Charlotte, Violet, Scarlett, Juliet, Lisette, Joliet, Adalet, Ayelet, etc.), but Elliot doesn't sound remotely feminine to me at all. Sorry. And I agree with the others--Elliot is the only name remotely unisex on your girls' list, so I would think that Elliot wouldn't fit in at all. Sorry again.

Usually I love your name choices, haha, but lately I've just not been a fan! I love like, every single other name on your list, though, bahaha!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I agree with the three people above me about Elliott being a wonderful boys name. I think it's so sad to see very traditional male names go to girls. My name is a traditional Spanish male name and I would rather have a more traditional girl name. I just love Elliott on a boy...I'm sorry.

I also typically really like your name choices and I love most of them in your list, but Elliott is just not the same type of name as the others on your list.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I agree with the four posters above me. Elliott is a boy's name.

I can't wrap my head around this one either. Elliott is quite masculine to me and not a girl's name.
    Girls: Anouk, Ottilie, Faye, Lilah, Odette, Ingrid, Winnie, Winslow, Elodie, Elowen
    Boys: Everett, Auden, Sidney, Keaton, Sullivan, Lochlan, Winslow, Orson, Rowan