Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elliott

As Elliott is one of my long term favorite boy names, I'm not a fan of using it on a girl. Sorry.
    Proud Mama to Two Perfect Little Ladies.
    Big Girl, 25.04.2007
    Small Girl, 06.09.2011

Wanting to be Pregnant & Hoping for a 2013 Blessing.

Alice Victoria Primrose | Annabella Sophie Faye
    Noah Gabriel Joseph | Zachary Roman James

Vote on my name list here.

I agree with @miloowen and Lucy! Elliot is just a very, very handsome boys' name to me, and it's been a favorite of mine for years. I can't for the life of me see the appeal of it on a girl, sorry! The -et/-ett/-ette/-ot/-ott/-otte endings are popular on boys (Elliot, Bennett, Beckett, Emmett, Everett, Abbott, Truett, Lovett for boys--some aren't popular, but others are) AND girls (Charlotte, Violet, Scarlett, Juliet, Lisette, Joliet, Adalet, Ayelet, etc.), but Elliot doesn't sound remotely feminine to me at all. Sorry. And I agree with the others--Elliot is the only name remotely unisex on your girls' list, so I would think that Elliot wouldn't fit in at all. Sorry again.

Usually I love your name choices, haha, but lately I've just not been a fan! I love like, every single other name on your list, though, bahaha!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle § Arianne § Olivia § Violet § Grace § Emmeline § Charlotte § Eva § Catherine § Eleni § Zoe
    Caleb § Everett § Grant § Casper § Samuel § Jack § Avery § Rory § Declan § Zane § Schuyler

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey! havengermany.blogspot.com
    Chapter 1 is up!

I agree with the three people above me about Elliott being a wonderful boys name. I think it's so sad to see very traditional male names go to girls. My name is a traditional Spanish male name and I would rather have a more traditional girl name. I just love Elliott on a boy...I'm sorry.

I also typically really like your name choices and I love most of them in your list, but Elliott is just not the same type of name as the others on your list.
    http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Blackwood/e/B00SARZLFY -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013

I agree with the four posters above me. Elliott is a boy's name.

I can't wrap my head around this one either. Elliott is quite masculine to me and not a girl's name.
    Girls: Anouk, Ottilie, Faye, Lilah, Odette, Ingrid, Winnie, Winslow, Elodie, Elowen
    Boys: Everett, Auden, Sidney, Keaton, Sullivan, Lochlan, Winslow, Orson, Casimir