Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elliott

Elliott

I love the idea of Elliott on a girl, I think it is so spunky and cute. I think it is too feminine for a boy. We could always call her Ellie as well Judging by my list would Elliott fit in or would she be jealous of her sisters names like Clara, Louisa, and Scotia?

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

I really like Elliott for a girl too, though I like better the idea of spelling it Elliot or Eliot to distinguish it from the traditional male name. Lots of nn possibilities like Ellie, Ella, Lottie, as well.

I think Elliot might be a strange addition to a set called Clara, Louisa, and Scotia, because these are quite feminine names and all have 'a' endings. As far as names 'going together', I think Eliana would be a really nice addition to that sibset. But at the same time, I am drawn to Elliot!

Elliott Joy is on my top list for girl names! I have the same idea of it as you do, cute and spunky... I fell in love with it when Elliott was a female doctor on Scrubs!

I do agree with scr1bble, that it's a little out of place with your sib set. I think Anna or Annika would go well with the names of your other daughters.

Thanks ladies! I agree that it does sound a bit odd with my other names, but I just love it. I will keep it in mind, maybe as an MN. Thanks for the suggestions as well. Eliana and Anna are both very cute

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Elliott/Eliot has a long tradition of being a Jewish male name and it seems such a shame that all of a sudden traditionally male names in our community are being thought of as girls' names (Asa, Noah, Ari, Ariel, Akiva, etc). Just because the name begins with a vowel or ends with a vowel, doesn't make it feminine. The Hebrew words for G-d: Adonai, Elohenu, Elohim explain the relationship between names beginning with the vowels A and E for Jewish men. The name pool for boys is decreasing, and let's not contribute to it. And as a female with once was a male name, I for one would have preferred a female name. I hated being teased for having a boy's name, and I hated having to explain my gender all the way through school, university, and work.