Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need a girl's name with the second syllable "L" Help!!

We are expecting our fourth child and third daughter. All of our kids have an "L" as the second syllables in their names. We did this completely unaware we were doing it. Now feel that maybe we should stick to it. Our other children's names are Oliver, Ellery & Marlowe. IF you have any suggestions we would LOVE to hear them. OR is there a site that I can search for L as the second syllable? Can't seem to find one that allows me to search that way.

ANY ANY help would be Wonderful - due in 3 weeks!!!!!

Thanks!

Melinda
    Lillian
    Alaina/Elaine/Alina
    Elise/Elyse/Alisa
    Alexandra
    Lyla
    Selene/Selena
    Yolanda
    Eliana
    Carly/many spelling variations
    Melanie
    Melody
    Jacqueline
    Shayla
    Holly

Those are the first ones that pop into my head. Good luck!
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!

I think Marlowe is different enough from the first two (in that it is two syllables) that I would not have noticed the pattern, so I think you are OK to buck it if there is name you like that doesn't fit with the L beginning the second syllable pattern.

That said,
    off the top of my head (not any preferences here, just thinking out loud):

Helena
    Lila
    Alice
    Allison
    Callista
    Millicent
    Salome
    Willow (too much like Marlowe)
    Olympia
    Soledad
    Selma
    Talia
    Zelda (though the D obscures the L a little)
    Solana

HTH!

I'm not quite sure how to search for that... I know some name databases have fairly in-depth search options, but I've never seen that option! @youssarian had some good ideas. I especially like Lila, Holly, and Lillian for your family! Ideas I had:

Liliana
    Juliana/Julia/Juliette/Juliet
    Helena/Elena/Eleni
    Ella
    Nahla
    Willow/Willa
    Paloma
    Callista/Calliope/Callie/Calla
    Tallulah
    Galina
    Aislinn/Ashlyn/Aisling
    Alice/Alicia/Alyssa
    Allegra
    Alexandra/Alexandria/Alexa/Alexia/Alexine/Alexina/Alessia
    Althea
    Brinley
    Dahlia
    Eilidh (Scottish form of Helen; said AY-lee; in this same vein, Bailey, Haley, Kaylee/Kayla, Raylee, etc. would work, but I definitely wouldn't suggest them! I don't think they really fit with your kids, and they are all extraordinarily trendy...)
    Eleanor/Eleanora
    Elora
    Elsa/Elizabeth/Elise
    Estelle (does this work? It has the "L" sound in the second syllable, but it doesn't start the syllable with the "L" sound)
    Brielle
    Giselle
    Gracelyn
    Noelle
    Hazel
    Ileana/Iliana
    Isla
    Joliet (a form of Juliet, I believe)
    Kylie
    Leila
    Linley
    Malia
    Philippa (can't really tell if the "L" ends the first syllable or starts the second, but I think it would be magnificent with Oliver, Ellery, and Marlowe! And the nn Pippa is just adorable)
    Rachel
    Stella
    Valencia/Valentina/Valeria
    Violet

That's all I can think of right now! I think Philippa, Violet, Julia, Lilian/Liliana, Giselle, Elora, Althea, and Stella would be especially cute with your kids.

Also, just figured I would point it out--I never would have realized the theme you have going on, so if you can't find something you love, I don't think there would be an issue at all with going with something else.

Good luck!