Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

If you had 6 daughters and twin sons?

Just a bit of fun guys!

A couple came in to my place of work yesterday with 10 day old identical twin boys. While we were all cooing over the babies, they mentioned that they also had 3 year old twin girls! So we said, thats nice 2 boys and 2 girls, to which they replied - well we actually have 4 older daughters too! Wow.

I didn't get to find out their childrens names, but it got me thinking, if I had 4 girls, twin girls and then twin boys, what would I name them. Its pretty much a name nerds dream! So what names would you pick? I'm going to think about my choices and post them further down!
    27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie _____ Evelyn, Otto William, Lilac, Quentin, Angelica, Emrys, Mirabelle, Xavier, Phoebe, Harlan, Tabitha Barnaby, Ivy, Lennox

Off the top of my head:
    DD1: Josephine Alice 'Josie'
    DD2: Margaret Adele 'Maggie'
    DD3: Catherine Annabel 'Catia'
    DD4: Charlotte Amelia
    DD5/DD6: Ruby Kerensa/Louisa Imogen
    DS1/DS2: Adrian Silas/Jasper Milo
    (I was going to go Little Women style with the first four girls, but I've yet to find an Elizabeth combo that I love.)
    Annie, mid-twenties, vegetarian, name lover. No kids yet, just two furbabies - Roxy & Layla.
    Top favorites for a girl: Beatrice Lily, Charlotte Amelia, Clara Louisa, Eliza Ruby, Josephine Alice, Katherine Annabel, Lillian Audrey, Margaret Helena, Matilda Iris, Philippa Violet
    Top favorites for a boy: Adrian Silas, Alexander Gray, Emmett Oliver, Jasper Milo, Julian Edward, Lucian Henry, Nathaniel August, Samuel Owen, Rowan Felix, Theodore August

Quote Originally Posted by annie85 View Post
    Off the top of my head:
    (I was going to go Little Women style with the first four girls, but I've yet to find an Elizabeth combo that I love.)
    Unrelated, but Jasper Milo is my favorite boy's name.
    I would probably use the names at the beginning of my signature.
    -lists currently under construction-

Quote Originally Posted by annie85 View Post
    Off the top of my head:
    Oh my word, Annie85...your name style and mine are SO similar! I love almost all those names. I'm kind of considering Alice Josephine for our expected baby, and Margaret was an old MN idea for her that my husband vetoed. Catherine is a long-standing favorite of mine that he won't consider, and I like Charlotte and Amelia too, but we know someone with each of those names, so they're out. Ruby's not my style, personally, but I've always thought it cute. Adrian is on my long list for boys, Silas is awesome, and I adore (but can't ever use) Jasper. Teehee. I just had to share my love.

My replies are (assuming my husband actually liked all these names)...

GIRLS
    Cora
    Miranda
    Sylvia
    Felicity
    Alice & Fiona

BOYS
    Charles & Marcus

Honestly, though, this isn't my name nerd dream...my name nerd dream would be the exact opposite - 4 sons, twin sons, and then twin daughters.
    Speculative fiction writer and mother to Charles Theophilus (2.5 years), Corinna Melisande -- nicknamed Cora (13 months), and the Tiny Girl (due Feb. 2014). Lover of studious, ancient boy names and sweet, intelligent girl names with a touch of fairy-tale beauty.

Ooh, fun!

DD1: Verity Elisabeth "Very"
    DD2: Juliet Catherine "Etta"
    DD3: Cecilia Jane "Cece"
    DD4: Rosalie Anne "Rosie"
    DD5/DD6: Mary Athena "Mena" & Louisa Beatrix "Lux"
    DS1/DS2: Edmund Charles "Eddie" & Wilbur Theodore "Will"

I definitely couldn't cope with 8 children though, wow!

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Josiah, Gilbert, August, Wesley, Clifford, Hugh Theodore