Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I vastly prefer Ingrid. It comes with a lot more NN's. The first syllable of Astrid leaves lots of teasing room even though there is only one S. I just cannot see Astrid outside of a nursing home

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Oooh I'm torn! I really like both of them, but I'd probably have to say Astrid.
    18-year-old, not-so-average boy with an obsession for baby names and animals.

My Favorite Names~

Girls: Astrid, Athena, Coraima, Courtenay, Darcy, Kassia, Kimarie, Lindsay, Maryelle, Misty, Promise, Saba, Shaylene, Sky, Thalia, Tifany, Zooey

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Dade, Erik, Fable, Garrett, Harvey, Indigo, Isaac, Kasey, Mark, Sage, Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zane

Click here to vote on my name list!

I like them both, as well as Sigrid and Sidra! I guess if I had to pick, I might go for Ingrid, to avoid potential 'ass' jokes.

Love Astrid and see very little teasing potential, its not like the "as" part is strung out for along time or actually spells ass, much much prettier then Ingrid.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

Thank you for all of these replies! Yes, I have heard about that reference on The Office. My brother has mentioned it to me many times and has made me a bit self conscious about the name. I still don't hear it (ass turd) when I say it, though. Labmama, I also like Sigrid, but whenever I say it, it reminds me of "cigarette." My 9 year old son has already thought of "stink-rid" for Ingrid. I guess kids will think of just about anything to tease...