3 23.08%
  • Emma-Lynn

2 15.38%
  • Other, Please Explain Below

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Emmeline

I would always initially prn. Emmeline as Emmaleen, and would be willing to prn. it as Emmaline instead if told to, but pronouncing Emmeline as Emmalyn just seems incorrect to me (especially as a Caroline who has to constantly correct people from Carolyn pronunciations!). If you have to, I'd use the Emmalyn spelling, as that seems most intuitive. Honestly, though, I'd look for another name altogether.

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

Wow, I did not expect such negative reactions . There are few Emmeline's (some with different spellings) in my area and every one of them pronounces it the way I do, but we are in a Southern area. So to me this is not uncommon. There are also several Caroline's at our church and they go by the pronunciation Carolyn, so this is just what I am used too. I have never met anyone who goes by the pronunciation Emme-line or Emme-leen. I could possibly get on board with the Emme-line pronunciation but Emme-leen just does not sound good to me whatsoever. I know so many Emma's that is why I am trying to avoid the Emma spelling, right now I am leaning toward Emylynn/Emylyn.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

I'm from/live in the south and I'd say Emma-line. Then again, I've never met one. I voted for Emma-Lynn because, honestly, it's the only one besides Emmeline that doesn't look made up/misspelled/trendy to me. Sorry...

&

~*Megan*~

{Momma of Fiona Ryann & Michael Quentin & Sylvie Marion}

Eulalie, Viveca, Gloria, Rosalie, Leila, Annabel, Irie, Daisy, Xaviera, Maeve
    Silas, Finnegan, Desmond, Ezra, Cedric, Felix, Lionel, Lazarus, Kai, Xavier

&

I will keep this opinions in mind.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names