Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Please vote before reading on! Darby, instinctive reaction?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely girl

17 14.41%
  • More girl than boy

49 41.53%
  • More boy than girl

37 31.36%
  • Definitely boy

15 12.71%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I voted 'definitely girl' as I know a little girl named Darcy and Darby is very similar. I've also seen a female Darby on Facebook, so maybe that's why I see it as female too. However, when you say the name along with your other children, it sounds more masculine and handsome. Maybe use it as a middle name instead?
    ~ 20 year-old name lover ~

I voted more girl than boy, but I'd have to say only slightly. I think of Kim Darby from True Grit which is what skews it toward the girl side. If I heard the sibset Vale, Flynn, and Darby I would guess 3 boys, though I wouldn't be dumbfounded to find that Vale and Darby were girls.
    Obsessing over names since 1964

Hello everyone! Darby is 16months old now! Love it when old threads get resurrected - people are so much more honest than when they know kids actually exist... Hehe! Thanks for all your input though! Jessie x

Haha! Just saw your update but I'll post this anyway.

Darby is my puppy's name (sorry, I love it on a person too!) and he's a boy. He was a stray and would not have made it, but a private animal shelter went and picked him up at the last minute, his rescuer was apparently also into names...she renamed him Darby because she read that it meant "free".
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

Feel free lineska! Glad your Darby has got a good home now! There may be another Darby up for rehoming soon if he doesn't start to behave himself a bit better...!