Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Game of Thrones aside, let's talk about Khaleesi.
    Amy
    just a namenerd
    I like: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Disney, Hello Kitty, Tea, Nursing, Existential Philosophy‚ô•

Mirabelle Naomi Thomasina
    Phoebe Luna Juliette

Dexter Maximus Xavier
    Finn Everett James

Crushes:
    Alice, Maeve, Catalina, Leia, Jane, Elsa, Lucinda, Jezebel, Priscilla, Sky
    Declan, Milo, Felix, Alexander, Holden, Wilder, Phoenix, Archer, Finley

I personally dont like the name khaleesi on a person. To me it feels to controlled by its association with the Game of Thrones. I much prefer Daenyrs

What do you mean "Game of Thrones aside"?
    There is no Khaleesi outside of a Game of Thrones context or association, imo.
    Lucia
    travel. teach. learn.
    20-something, name aficionada
    Sela Ivy, Vivian Lilac and Bastian Ivor "Baz", Fletcher Gideon

Honestly, it just looks ugly. Sound aside, how it's spelled just isn't pretty. The extra 'h', the double 'e', and the single 'i' ending just makes it look awkward. I don't think it sounds all that bad, kinda like an updated Kelsey. I just can't stand its spelling.
    Current Favorites:

Charles | Edmund | Earnest | Frederick | James | Laurence | Nathaniel | Theodore

Cecily | Emmeline | Georgiana | Isobel | Josephine | Lucy | Violet | Winifred

It's quirky and interesting, but I don't see how it's possible to avoid the A Song Of Ice And Fire/Game of Thrones connotations - that's what it was invented for after all.

Adrienne . Amity . Charlotte . Flannery . Hiraani . Juliet . Lily . Madeleine . Romilly
    Austin . Declan . Dylan . Emery . Ezra . Flynn . Jack . Jude . Rowan . Schuyler "Sky"