Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Apologies if this has already been discussed but I don't get the Dashiell craze on Nameberry all of a sudden... can someone please explain the appeal and how it's pronounced?

Wren is the worst name I have ever heard of.

@Harbs Here is a pronunciation, I'm not sure why the trend all of the sudden either although I am a big fan of Dashiell Hammetts and I think that must be who inspired the trend but Im not sure he's having a come back or anything...nice name but personally I think it's a little pretentious.
    http://www.forvo.com/word/dashiell_hammett/#en
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

Raven. I really don't like the name Raven... which is bad because I have a relative named Ravin and it makes me feel bad. I don't really get the idea of naming kids after birds associated with death... but that's just me.

I generally dislike Destiny, probably because I think the whole idea of destiny is a little cliché.

Tristan--- reminds me of Dristan.

Lydia--- plays the brat in movies/books (Examples: Pride and Prejudice), although it is a pretty name.

I do not care for Gentrie. The sound is harsh and I can't quite wrap my mind around it. I know a few girls named Gentrie and all I can think is ick. (And then I feel bad... again.)

Paul--- while it's a classic, I don't like it's one syllable. I find the "L" at the end to be awkward.

I could go on and on if I really had a chance to think about it more.

Milagros - It is one letter off from being GROSS and it's in the top 1000.

Neveah/Nevaeh - This is my pet peeve name. I want to slap every parent who cursed their child with this name.

Aiden/Aidan - I always see that creepy kid from The Ring (though, conversely, I like Samara) and EVERYONE is using it. Why would you name a child something that every other boy is named?

Isabella - I like long, multi-syllable names and when someone says they don't like my "mouthful" names, they throw this creeper out as an alternative. It has 4 freaking syllables and yet you think it's an alternative to Fionnuala which is 3? They aren't even the same naming style.

Addison - I hate Madison and this is the same name to me. PLUS IT IS A BOY'S NAME.

Chloe - I feel like I am hawking snot when I say it.

Sarah - This is my name. I don't understand why it is so incredibly popular (top 10 for over 30 years) and is STILL popular (It was number 30 in 2010)

Peyton/Payton - It sounds like someone is saying "painting" with a southern accent.

Audrey/Audra/Aubrey - I HATE THE SOUNDS IN THESE NAMES, though for some reason I don't mind Autumn. Maybe because it reminds me of Tatum.

Kennedy/Kinley/Any other president's name - Why o_O

McKenzie/MacKinzey/etc. - No adult will ever wear this name proudly. Plus Mc-Mac names mean Son Of.

Angel/Princess/Precious/etc. - Cute nicknames, not names. I hope they have a decent middle name to go by.

Cadence - It just sounds so unattractive as a name.

Zaid - o_O

ANY names that have De, D', La, Le, Da, etc. added to the beginning (Example LaMarcus, DeMario, DaShawn) They sound ugly and the parents sound poor and uneducated.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Celandine Ceridwen, Nettle Chiyo, Pennyroyal Matilda, Dandelion Jane
    Fox Atticus, Huckleberry Ivan, Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Thistle Dorian

Crushes: Myfanwy, Merewen, Ferelith, Heliotrope
    Angus, Jules, Bear, Larkspur, Blue, Robin

http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/