Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Isannah

Isannah

What do you think of the name Isannah? It's a name I've come across recently (but read about a long time ago in Johnny Tremain), and I've been intrigued by it.

How would you pronounce it? (I've been pronouncing it as a mix of Isabel and Hannah, but I could be wrong)

Would you ever use it on a daughter?

Thanks in advance!
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling

It intrigues me. Isabelle and Hannah are both on my top 10, so I prefer that, but Isannah (which I would say as ee-sah-nah) intrigues me. I like Ysanne/Isanne and Ysaline/Isaline more.

Once when I listened to Johnny Tremain on tape, the reader pronounced the name long I, I-zahn-nah. I sort of thought it was a feminized version of Isaiah, and I think I prefer it that way. I or EE though, it's a very pretty name and I would consider it (and might sneak it onto our list).
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

i would pronounce is on na. it would be a lovely name to honor an isaac or an isaiah. i think it's really pretty and different, but sounds so much like so many top names. if you name your daughter this i'm sure she will inspire a lot of other little isannahs!

Ooh I've never heard of this name before, but it is definitely pretty!
    I'd say it as Is-ahn-ah.
    Melinda Sus.anne + Brandon Cra.ige
    Stepmom to Shelley J------
    Auntie to Richard Mason & Alexander Thomas
    Elisabeth Yun, Juliet Susanne, Rachel Emily, Rosalie, Miranda, Isabelle, Natalie, Katherine
    Ammon Xavier, Matthew Craige, William Clifton, Benjamin, Spencer, Jacob, Michael