Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Brother for Simon???

We have lots of girls names we love: I can't make the final decision between Eleanor Violet, Eloise, and Louisa Helene. But I love them all so I feel confident about those!

I am stressed about boys names. Our son is Simon and we love the name. Every boys name we come up with just sounds so flawed in some fundamental way when you stand it next to Simon. I've been reading lists and lists of boys names and like very, VERY few of them! We like names that everyone will know, will be easily pronounceable, but are not super common. Here are the few we kind of like:

Gordon- this is probably our favorite, but I'm not thrilled with both siblings having "-on" endings and I can't stand the idea of him being called "Gordy" or "Gordo" by obnoxious teenagers.

Theo- Like it, don't LOVE it, concerned with the Alvin and the Chipmunks association between Simon and Theodore.

Elliot- Used to like it, feeling kind of blah about it now. Also, if we had a third kid and it was a girl then I would feel like I couldn't use my favs Eleanor or Eloise because of all the "El-"s.

We would like James except it's too popular for our taste and there are like 10 Jameses in my husband's family and it just seems overdone. Hate "Jim."

Names I like that my husband doesn't: Alden (but too close to Aiden), Nolan. I love the name Soren but we are friends with a kid named Soren and it goes poorly with Simon. We like Sebastian but there are a lot of little kids named Sebastian in our town, and I don't like "Seb." Brother-in-law is named Graham and we love the name but don't want to repeat it. We like Ira but think it's too nerdy.

Help!!!!!

Evan (and Ethan) sound too close to my husband's name, Ian. We know like five small kids named Nathan/Nathaniel. Lucas isn't bad, but seems a little more popular than we'd like. Gabriel is too biblical for me. Benjamin is nice, but seems pretty popular. I don't really like Jude (maybe because my entire childhood I had to hear my dad complaining about how much he hates the song "Hey Jude"... ). I'm not a big fan of Noah, either. But good suggestions, though--I don't hate any of them! (Which I'm starting to realize is a good start since apparently we are super picky).

Okay, lets see if I can help here! I love Simon, such a sturdy, common, yet still not overdone name that has such great namesakes (Simon & Garfunkel being my favorite!)
    In all honesty, I would avoid using Gordon. I see where you are going with him, but i fear your qualm about him being called Gordy or Gordo is unavoidable. I for one went to highschool with a boy named Gordon, and the went by those nicknames everyday, whether he liked it or not (highschool can be so crewl, cant it?) You may instead like:
    Grey/Gray (a nice way to honour Graham while still holding his own name.)
    Gavin
    Geoffrey
    Gerritt
    Griffin/Griffith
    Grant
    Grady
    Tobias
    Tate
    Thatcher
    Thomas
    Everett
    Noel
    North
    Bennett

Thats all i've got so far. Probably my favorites for you would be Simon & Gray, Simon & Gavin, Simon & Tobias, Simon & Everett, Simon & Thomas.

Best of luck,
    xo Viv
    Mama bear to Rigby Harrison, Miller Thomas, Wren Charlotte Amity & Eloise Cleo Bellamy

Love Simon!

I also really like Ira. Personally, I don't find it to be too nerdy, for what it's worth.

How about ...

Arthur
    Milo
    Leo
    Emmett
    Gideon
    Alaric
    Oren
    Ivor
    Phineas
    Abram
    Ezra
    August
    Archer
    Ames (A variant of Amos, like James without the J.)
    Abel
    Dominic
    Rowan