Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lnxn09 View Post
    My husband's name is Gordon! We're pretty young so he was always the only Gordon everyone knew and he really liked that about his name. No one ever calls him Gordy! Some guys in high school called him Gordo but mostly just locker room talk. I love his name and I think it would be such a good choice! So much classier then Jordan!
    Yes classier than Jordan but the only Gordon that I ever knew NEVER liked his name and went by Tom instead.

I think Charles would fit and a few more I like are

Jonathan Cook
    Hugh Cook
    Harrison Cook
    Joshua Cook
    Jacob Cook (Jake)
    Jasper Cook I think Jasper has the same feel as Simon and it is one of my favourites and makes a great combo with Cook

wdyt?

rollo

PS I nearly forgot - Alister and Simon would make great brothers too!

I love Simon! What a great boys name, it's actually on my list! I also love the name Eloise, especially with Simon! SO cute! As for brother names, I agree with Felix! It's cute. I also like:

Logan
    Hunter
    Trent
    Kevin
    Eric
    Garrison
    Paedon
    Davis
    Tristan
    Vaughn
    River
    Seth
    Holden
    Daven (Day-vin)

Thanks, everyone!

Rollo, thanks for checking back. I think Jonathan, Joshua, and Jacob are much too common for our taste. We happen to know like 10 of each. Jasper is awesome but is my cousin's dog's name and I just don't think I could get over that association. Hugh is off the table primarily because my hubs HATES Hugh Grant. I've been toying with Hugo, which I think would be super cute! But I'm having trouble imagining an adult Hugo. DH's response: "That would take a lot of convincing." I kind of love Alistair, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to go that super British! Also, Alistair Cooke is famous and I think that's a little much. Not that I'd mind if my son became the host of Masterpiece Theater.

Harrison nn Harry is kind of cute! I'll have to mull that one over.

I do kind of like Felix, and I get why people keep bringing it up. It's a pretty great name. I do know a baby who was just born named Felix, and I feel like it's "taken" now even though I don't know the people very well. Is that silly? It would seem like I was snatching it! Also, my mom would be so obnoxious about Felix the Cat.

I like Logan, but we have a bad association and don't want to use it. I'm not a fan of Hunter, Trent, Kevin, Eric, Garrison (South Park!), Paedon, Davis, Tristan, River, Holden, or Daven. I like Seth but think it's too choppy with last name Cook. Vaughn is ok but I think too preppy.

I kind of like Duncan. But I think the "-can Cook" is too alliterative and sounds like the sentence "Dun can cook." (Ahhh the joy of having a last name that is a verb.)

Thanks so much everyone, and keep the suggestions coming!

Hi I am back again to see if I can find something that may go on your list.

Something that is classic and popular but one that I love and even if you don't want in the fn spot it makes a wonderful mn.
    I am talking about Alexander.

Then there is
    Callum
    Clinton
    Everett
    Christian (I like the alliteration of Christian Cook)

These probably fit into the too trendy/popular category
    Finley
    Asher
    Ashton
    Hudson
    Cameron

and here are a couple for the less popular
    Marshall
    Kendall
    Fletcher
    Damon (a bit matchy with Simon)

Dated
    Bryce
    Todd

Possibilities
    Bennett
    Calvin (its not for me)
    Fraser
    Roman

Classic
    Timothy
    Toby
    Nicholas

Very unusual
    Barnaby

and I suggested it before because it is a favourite of mine - Lachlan and I think the suggestion of Vaughn is awesome.

rollo

Simon is so handsome! I really like it. I know someone who had triplets earlier this year--they ended up all being girls, but if they had been boys, Simon Jeffrey was really high up on her list. I thought maybe you might like some of the other names she loved?

Holden
    Alistair
    August
    Alaric
    Charles (nn Charlie)
    Frederick (nn Freddie)
    Harrison (nn Harry)
    Arthur
    Reid
    Thomas
    Jonas
    Miles
    Isaac
    Dexter
    Felix
    Calvin
    Oliver
    Noah

I think that's most of them. Some have already been mentioned (I noticed you loved Oliver but your hubby didn't, and that you're not a fan of Holden), but I figured I would just list the ones I could remember. It seems like the two of you might have quite similar styles! Or semi-similar, anyway.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George