Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    gah, aiden is a dreadfully terrible name. i dont get why everyone is naming their kid that. what a stupid name.

@OP : Antigone was the name of the daughter of Oedipus and Jocasta in Greek Mythology.
    You mention that the poster of the original list which you have edited picked out legitimate ethnic names as being weird, and yet you have left Ffion and Branwen in. Both of these are Welsh, and as far as I know, significantly older than a fair few 'normal' English names.
    Whilst I agree with most of the names on the list,many purely for spelling reasons, including the above names shows a degree of cultural ignorance.
    The "world" holds a vast range of cultures and isn't entirely centered on North America.
    Last edited by hayley88; January 27th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

Some of the "names" are dreadful but the guy can't snark to save his life. I'm cringing here.

I can't believe Ffion, Chloe and Olive are lumped in with some of that rubbish. The guy isn't an onomastician, that's blatantly obvious.

....Violence? Latissue? Syfoni? Oh my eyes.
    Anya Angelina, Alessandra Mary, Delilah Claire, Adella India, Lydia Emanuella, Susannah Lenore, Caroline Michaela, Rikarah Jade, Liadah Cristina, Leah Cassandra, Alicia Cordelia, Eliza Francesca, Jade Antonia, Jessamine Faith, Audrina Rosemary, Shana Ariadne, Dana Rachel
    Nathaniel Malachi, Wesley Joseph, Gavin Daniel, Daniel Alexander, Lewis Malcolm, Jared Levi, Jesse Gabriel, Connor Michael, Callum Wade, Keegan Jude, Quentin Dominick, Micah Lucian, Miguel Antonio, Adam Gabriel

Oh I have one from when i worked in a portrait studio. You are going to love it! lol!! La-a. It is pronounced la-dash-ah and the woman said and I quote " 'cause the dash don't be silent." I though OMG WTF!!!!