Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Aubrey - my favourite BOY name...is this still possible?!

Such a shame that Aubrey is now such a popular girls name...As I have always loved it for a boy.

Do you think this is still possible? I wouldn't want teasing over having a girls name..!

OR my other half thinks I should use Aubrey instead on my first puppy (male!!) we are soon to be bringing home :-)

What do you think?

I feel like I'm in the same boat as you! Bailey is one of my favorite boys' names, and I could easily see me using it (maybe not for a first son, but I could definitely see me naming a second or third son Bailey! Everyone outside of baby name sites tell me it would be torture to name my son Bailey, so I'm starting to think maybe I should just let it go. I don't really like it as a MN, so that's not really an option. But using Bailey on a boy would make me so happy... I just don't want him to feel like he HATES his name, which is what I'm afraid would happen!

I think Aubrey is in the same situation. I like Aubrey for a boy, too, but I think people see Aubrey as a girls' name even more than they see Bailey as a girls' name. :/

Sorry! It's really frustrating, because I love unisex names for boys (I would love to use Avery, Harper, or Addison on a boy, too). I just don't want to curse my son for life. Then again, I've heard of people who have met boy Baileys (haven't heard of a boy named Aubrey, but I have heard of little boys named Bailey!), and they thought it was refreshing. I don't know. I'm really torn over the issue.

Good luck!

Aubrey is my favorite, favorite, favorite boy name. I love it so much, and I have asked soooooo many people IRL if I could get away with using it for a boy. Sadly, EVERYONE tells me of at least one little girl they know named Aubrey. I've finally given up hope of having a son Aubrey. It's such a pity.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

I think it could be done, the rapper Drake's real name is Aubrey Drake Graham. I like very masculine boy's names but if you like this it could be done. What about Auden? Its similar yet a little more masculine.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

If you like it then use it...I am a male Kelly who has worn his name successfully! If more people continued to use names like Aubrey, Bailey, etc. for boys they wouldn't lose their masculinity as much.
    Last edited by namefan; November 7th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.