Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thank you so much guys! Nono, your suggestions are fantastic and I am going to meditate on them a lot (particularly Elowen Margaux and Elowen June). The 2 votes I've received for Elowen Kate so far is great intel too. Posting on the forums was a good idea!

I love Elowen and Tallulah together. You have so many wonderful choices for a middle name for Elowen. Glad I don't have to make the choice, but I will offer up my two cents. Whether it's worth considering is up to you.

Elowen Violet - Very beautiful and not silly to pair a tree name and a flower name together. Most people won't have any idea what Elowen means, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Elowen Kate - Family/Close Friend names always win me over. I love the idea of honoring someone you admire so your child will learn about that person and maybe, want to take one those admirable qualities for himself/herself.

Elowen Star - As others have said, a little too new-agey for me, but some people look at that as a positive thing I do like the astrological element names so what about Elowen Celeste or Elowen Selene?

Elowen Ivy - Very botanical and pretty.

Elowen Ondine - I like both of these names separately, but not feeling them together. Something in the "-wen On-" is a little N heavy.

Elowen Miette - How is Miette said? ME-ette?

Elowen Pearl - Nice, but something about your other option seem better to me.

Elowen Faust -I like this a lot (again, family names). If I were you, I'd also consider Elowen Faustine or Elowen Faustina.

Overall, my favorites are: Elowen Kate, Elowen Faust (Elowen Faustine/Elowen Faustina), Elowen Violet, (Elowen Celeste), Elowen Ivy

thank you!

Dear teacherma,

Thank you for your input! Elowen Celeste and Elowen Faustine are wonderful suggestions! I will add these to the mix. I've been leaning towards Elowen Kate or Elowen Violet, but your suggestions have me hooked!

As for "Violet", since it is flower name matchy with Tallulah's middle name (Rose), is that a plus or a minus in your opinion?

Flower names in the middle aren't really too matchy in my opinion. Matchiness is really only bothersome to me when people feel that they "have to" keep up with the theme that they started instead of choosing names that they honestly like. Would you feel that you had to keep the flower middle name theme up if you didn't like any other flower names? (provided you have another daughter, of course). If it not, or if you have some other flower names that you love, then I'd say go for it. If you don't want to or don't like any other names, you might want to think about. However, with that being said, I think it's a cool connection and bond for the sisters to have.

I love Elowen Cait! I think it's pretty spelled like your sister's name. It's also very classic, it always reminds me of Kate Winslet and I love the family honor.