Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help!! Need advice on a Name! DUH

I have a son already, Noah Mathew Cross, we just found out we are expecting again! I need some help on girl names (not creative myself). My only Criteria is that the she is going to have the middle name of Cathleen (my grandma) Marlyn (my great aunt) Teresa (my mothers first name) or Anne (my mothers middle name). This is my list!

Charlotte
    Eloise
    Laura
    Lorelei
    Nevaeh
    Nicole
    Rochelle
    Vienna
    Zarial

THANK YOU!

My favorites from your list are Charlotte and Eloise.

Laura Cross has two "r" sounds very close together and sort of reminds me of Lara Croft (Tomb Raider).
    Lorelei is pretty, but the nn, Rory, if you'd use it, is difficult to say with the last name.
    "Vienna Cross" sounds like the name of a cultural landmark (i.e. a historical cross in the city of Vienna)
    Nevaeh is too trendy for my taste
    Nicole and Rochelle are pretty with Cross, but are a bit dated to my ear
    Zarial is intriguing, but very offbeat. Is it a family name? I've never heard of it!

Here are some more ideas inspired by your list:
    Roanne
    Eleanor
    Vivia
    Eliza
    Elodie
    Colette
    Lydia
    Adele
    Current top 10:
    Girls: Greta, Gwendolyn, Iris, Irene, Ida, Beatrice, Penelope, Margaret, Hattie, June
    Boys: Henry, Dean, Desmond, Gregory, Arthur, Ingram, Griffith, Russell, Orion, Martin

My favorites are Charlotte, Eloise and Rochelle. Rochelle is not a name I have ever considered, but it stood out to me when I tried saying each name with Noah--Noah and Charlotte, etc. Noah and Rochelle Cross is a lovely combination, in my opinion. Rochelle sounds a little like Rachel, which would give it a hint of Noah's Old Testament status. It may be dated, though. I don't personally know anyone with the name. Of the middle names, I'd choose Teresa to go with Rochelle--Rochelle Teresa Cross.
    I agree with walshe44 on Vienna, Nevaeh and Zarial. I'd add that Laura, Nevaeh and Nicole don't sound very well with Noah, though that may not be a concern to you. I also agree that Lorelei is pretty. It looks a little exotic next to Noah, but again, that may not concern you.
    Best wishes!

I think Vienna is just a beautiful name, but walshe44 does have a valid point that Vienna Cross really does just sound like a landmark. Too bad! Have you considered Vivian instead?

I like Eloise, Charlotte and Lorelei out of your list. Zarial sounds pretty cool, though I've never heard it before.

Laura and Nicole seem '80s to me, and don't flow very well with the last name anyway. Rochelle seems old too. Nevaeh gets marks off to being too new-age, so the total opposite end of the spectrum!

Here are a couple of combination ideas using your list and other suggestions:

Lydia Cathleen Cross
    Eloise Marlyn Cross
    Eliza Teresa Cross