Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naming my twins and conflicts down the line

Hi! My husband and I found out that we are expecting twins, two girls. Two names we really love are Jane and Florence. We are worried about whether or not the names go together. Also, we are definitely going to have more kids and if we have a boy we will name him Paul or Thomas. Paul and Thomas are family names in both of our families, and we are set on using them. Would it be acceptable to have a daughter named Florence and a son named Thomas (because of the endings)?
    So:
    Do Florence and Jane go together?
    Do you like the names Florence and Jane?
    Would it be okay to have children named Florence and Thomas?

My answer would be "yes" to all of your questions. Obviously. I really like the name, Jane. (It's my 3rd daughter's name.) I'm not quite as crazy about Florence but I still think it's very pretty. It's a place name but it also has a nice vintage, classic vibe, which goes along well with Jane, in my opinion. They sound nice together but aren't too matchy, and I think this is perfect for twins. I think Florence and Thomas sound fine together. I really like your boy name choices too.

I also say yes to all questions. Jane and Florence are both wonderful names, and they have similar stlyes. Florence and Thomas sound different enough to me.

Totally agreed. These are all very nice names, and the Florence and Thomas shared ending is minor (it's not the same spelling...you want to use Thomas for family reasons). This will be a great set : D. All best!

I would also say yes to all of your questions. Jane and Florence are adorable together! Thomas and Florence have same endings, but they aren't spelled the same, so I don't think you need to worry about it. Good luck!