Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby name

Talking Baby name

My DH and I are really having a hard time making a decision for our baby boy's name. The names are narrowed down to

Briggs Michael

or

Beckham Michael

I would really appreciate your opinions! Thank you!

Well, Beckham is very, very celebrity-inspired so I would go with Briggs, of the two. However, you might want to know that military prison is called the Brig and a lot of people may think of that. Good luck!
    Mom to: Henry*Violet*Annie*Joseph

I'm going to echo everything gidgetmom said. I don't think you can use Beckham without people thinking of the soccer player - which makes it seem really trendy to me. Briggs is surprisingly more popular than I thought it would be, now that I've looked it up, though I've never heard it before. I think it's just a name most people would have to let grow on them after they heard it. Oh, and I'm assuming your last name doesn't remotely resemble a first name (for a boy or girl) or Briggs is going to get his name flipped quite a bit.

Thank you, ladies! We might just have to search some more. This is so HARD!

How about Bridger Michael? No celeb connection and also not as military sounding as Briggs. It could be confused with Bridget, but I know a guy named Bridger and he never seemed to have any trouble with it.

Another idea -- Brooks Michael.