Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brother for Tovah and Ezri

We have two girls already, names above. I am due soon and now doubting the name we've had for a boy for a while: Esaias

What do you think of this name? I love the "s" ending, the nickname, Esai, the meaning in Hebrew and that I don't know anyone with the name. I don't like the repeat initial from his sister's name, and the "vowel-y" looking name.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Other thoughts to help: I really like Linus but my husband won't approve (he says it sounds too weak...it would be the perfect name without Charlie Brown's influence). I also love "o" endings.

Thanks for any ideas/comments.

Esai is a bit close to Ezri. How about Lior, Amos or Ziv?
    Lior might be good, similar sound to Linus, with an o sound too.
    Mom to Sonia Violette and Tabitha Claire

Nameberry lists the following Hebrew boys names ending in -s via super search (I took out Jesus and Amos)
    Abbas
    Azarias
    Enos
    James
    Phineas
    Phinnaeus
    Pinchas
    Tobias
    Yanis

And the following ending in o
    Carmelo
    Gallio
    Ido
    Jethro
    Othello
    Shlomo

I'm sure some of these are Hebrew via another language, and likewise that there are Hebrew via another language names that end in S or O that didn't show up in the search. I think Esaias would be one of these!

I really like Jethro!

Good luck!

I think Esai and Esaias will be eternally mispronounced and misspelled. Too much like Esau the hairy rough twin of Jacob.

I loooove Tova!
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

Esai is pretty close to Esau in appearance. How is it pronounced? There is a Hispanic actor named Esai Morales, and I think his name is pronounced "Essay," but I'm not sure.

I love your girls' names! As for Linus...there is the Charlie Brown reference, but these days, I think of Ben Linus from LOST ...he was such an amazing and complex character, so I definitely don't think of it as being weak.