Names Searched Right Now:

We're Finding Out...

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I put it here. We have an appointment on Thursday to find out the gender of our baby and to do a 3D ultrasound. My FIL is on hospice care and it is very important to my husband that his dad know the gender of the baby before he passes away. I can't say that I agree 100% with the decision, if it was me knowing the gender and seeing the ultrasound picture would make it harder for me. But we talked it over and this is what we're doing.

We'd been getting a lot of pressure by my husband's family to find out with the excuse that it was in my FIL's best interest to know, but I strongly believe that they had their own interests in mind. So we're going to find out and then only tell my FIL so my MIL and others can't get the benefits from being pushy.

Thanks for letting me "vent" on here, you all have been SO helpful to us through this whole thing and I really appreciate all the help and support.
    Veronika, Stephen, & Annora Josephine

This is a very special situation but I think it's a good decision because your husband's heart is in the right place. I think it's lovely that your FIL will know the gender before he passes. Best of luck to you on Thursday!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Any chance you would be comfortable having only your husband find out? And he can tell his dad? It would make not telling the rest of the family so much easier since you don't know so no one else should either. Just a thought. It sounds like you want it a surprise.