Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what "type" of name is Evan??

Please help me understand what "type" name Evan is:-) For choosing siblings for him in the future, which "type" of boy and girl name would work best with my ds Evan? do you think Evan is way too trendy now? He is almost 4 years old now and didn't realize at the time that it would be popular at all...

I don't associate Evan with a specific "type", but maybe other common Welsh names, like Carys, Bronwyn, Gwendolyn, Meredith, Dylan, Griffith, Morgan, Patrick, or Rhys would work with it? Evan and Rhys make a handsome pair.

Alexis

I think of it as a modern/contemporary boy name with a sensitive side.
    I type on an iPhone and take no responsibility for typos, auto-correction, or strange grammar in my posts.

Evan is the Welsh form of John so although it sounds contemporary and has become more common outside of Wales, it's still a traditional name. Evan was No# 36 in popularity in the US last year (9,655 boys). It's certainly popular but compare it to the No# 1 boys name Jacob (21,875 boys) and it's not so bad then . You could choose another Celtic name for Evan siblings. Here are some suggestions.

Boys
    Gregor
    Rhys
    Trevor
    Rory
    Fraser
    Garrett
    Connor
    Fergus
    Gareth
    Wyatt
    Lucas

Girls
    Blythe
    Brooke
    Fiona
    Flannery
    Maeve
    Tierney
    Nola
    Briony
    Carys
    Meredith
    Bridget
    Norah
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I consider it part of the 'surname as first name' category.