Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face A boys name that goes with his twin sisters; Nola & Mirren

Hi,
    I am pregnant and am looking for help with boys names. There are loads I like, but none that i LOVE. Plus, i have the added difficulty of trying to find a name that I like, which also 'goes' with my daughters names; Nola & Mirren. (Celtic names.)

I need some suggestions please people! I like things that are slightly quirky/unusual/different, but not too 'out there'. I hate anything which has an altered spelling (ie a K instead of a C, etc). Also, due to the babys last name, which starts with an 'S', i cant have a first name that ends in anything with a similar sounds, (S, sh, th, x,). And nothing that ends in an en/an sound, as this would rhyme with the last name, and i dont like the idea of that.

For an idea, Some names I like, but not LOVE are:

Thorn
    Wade
    Zane
    Corey
    Zachary
    Jasper
    Eli
    Laurie
    Cody
    Mallory (Mal for short)
    Sparrow
    Brody
    Miles

Please tell me which you like best out of these and feel free to suggest anything else!

Well, I'll give this challenge a go. It's hard to find Celtic names that don't end in "an/en" or "s!" You included a "B" name, so initials must not be an issue--what about Brett? Brent? Britt? Bryant? What about Campbell? I know a boy named Maclain, which I'm not sure is even a real name but it has a great sound and oddly enough suits him. With Nora and Mirren I would probably (disregarding entirely the last name) pair Eamonn, Ewan, or Seamus.
    Out of the names you suggested, I like quite a few of the old-west sounding ones--Zane, Cody, Wade and Eli. Zane and Wade I like better than the others. Not sure how well any of those go with the girls' names--seem pretty different to me. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to name a boy Laurie (or Lawrence nn Laurie) but it's a fabulous name. I wouldn't use Mallory just because the name has a terrible meaning. Mal could come from "Malcolm," but again "Mal" means "bad" and if that bothers you, it's out, too. I know it's a hot name among berries right now, and a totally different origin, but I actually like Nora, Mirren, and Thad (or Thaddeus).

From your list, I like Jasper and Eli the best for Nola and Mirren's brother. Here are some suggestions.

Abel
    Jude
    Barnaby
    Heath
    Laird
    Cael
    Clancy
    Everett
    Rhodri
    Ivor
    Wyatt
    Dashiell
    Grant
    Vincent
    Wesley
    Pierce
    Inigo
    Harvey
    Ansel
    Conrad
    Fraser
    Cormac
    Leland
    Emmett
    Jarlath
    Malachy
    Bennett
    Virgil
    Trevor
    Leo
    Asher
    Last edited by mischa; October 18th, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

-Bailey-
    19 year old name addict

Alice, Eleanor, Elodie, Eloise, Esme, Eve, Felicity, Imogen, Isla, Ivy, June, Maeve, Olive, Phoebe, Violet
    Dashiell, Declan, Elliot, Everett, Ezra, Felix, Finn, Henry, Hugo, Isaac, Jasper, Jude, Luke, Oliver, Samuel