View Poll Results: Zinnia - yes or no?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes - definitely usable!

70 88.61%
  • no - this would be a burden on a child

9 11.39%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I think Azalea has the same zip as Zinnia but seems flexible in terms of growing up with a child.

Marigold, perhaps. Zinnia is definitely not common, but I don't think it's hard to pronounce and spell. Depending on how uncommon your last name is, I probably wouldn't try and get too uncommon with a first name, too, though.

Thanks, everyone! I would love to use this name for our baby girl due in a few months, but I don't think I have a prayer of getting my husband on board. If you can, I would love to know your thoughts on combos that include Zinnia as a first name and an easy-to-spell and easy-to-pronounce middle name. Thanks again!

I like Zunnua and most other uncommon flower names. Amaryllis is on my list too, but only as a middle because I worry about yllis names being rhymed with syphilis And clitoris
    I type on an iPhone and take no responsibility for typos, auto-correction, or strange grammar in my posts.

I think Zinnia is very workable, I don't see any issues. I think it's pretty, personally. My favorite flower name is Magnolia.