Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soshelly View Post
    I think that when baby wants to be fed then a baby should be fed regardless of where that is. Some babies won't drink from bottles. Some women have reasons for not wanting to use bottles. Whatever. That part doesn't matter to me. I can't think of any situation where I would find it inappropriate. I think people are uncomfortable with it because breasts have become sexualized. If milk came out of a finger, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. I don't think breast-feeding mothers should be punished for this.
    I agree with this 100%.

It is my view that women should be able to breastfeed where ever and whenever they need to. My 2nd daughter never accepted bottled so pumping and feeding her this way was not an option for me.

Breastfeeding is how babies are meant to be fed. It's my opinion that people in the US need to get over their cultural hang-ups regarding this.

I am currently nursing #3 and will whip it out anywhere to feed my baby. I am discreet about it and nothing really shows. I figure it is better to nurse in public than for people to hear a crying baby. As for pumping, I find it a pain. I understand why women do it when they need to be away from their babies, but I'd rather my baby get it right from the source.

For me it's more about having one less thing to bring. I don't have to worry if I forgot a bottle, since my daughters source of food, is always with me.
    Sloane Thora Eunice, November 1, 2010, Greer Hattie Aurelia, February 29, 2012 and Rhys Colin Albert, May 9, 2013.

Sister to Imogen, Poppy and Jasper

I write things on my iPhone. I don't mean to miss words or press two letters at once.

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm certainly not prudish or anything, but I guess I do have a different attitude/action than other people. I would breastfeed discreetly in a booth at a restaurant, but I can't breastfeed in church or anywhere else that might be quiet with a large group of people. I'm super non-confrontational and would rather be uncomfortable (as in leave to breastfeed elsewhere) than make people around me uncomfortable. I'm also not very good at being discreet!

I'll try to remember that lots of people would think I'm being silly for hesitating to whip it out!

Although I do have to add that my breasts were sexual for me personally long before they were food sources. I had a hard time viewing breasts in any other way and I think it isn't unreasonable for them to be treated that way by people who haven't been parents. The sensuality of breasts has been recognized since civilization began--it isn't just an American sensibility.
    Last edited by tarat3232; October 9th, 2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: edited to add

I have breast feed four babies, two of which overlapped and I was breast feeding a 12 month old and a 1 month old at the same time. So my opinion is purely based on what is easiest for me and that happens to be not having to bring anything else but my babies and my boobs. I cover up so no one sees but I am completely comfortable breastfeeding in public and if someone else has a problem with it even though I am covered they can look somewhere else because I am giving my baby the food and nutrition he needs to survive and I am not going to let him go hungry because someone doesn't like it. I think that breasts have been completely sexualized but the real, original meaning for them was to provide food and that is what I intend to do with them.
    Alec James, Silas Gale, Dashiell West, Elliot Grey, and Miles Alexander.

Looking forward to the day we give our boys a little sister.