Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    or zola? Also Zia is cute

Like a couple of PP, I thought of Zola, especially since you like the nn Nola.

Thanks for all the suggestions. These are great. I love Zola, but I don't think that we'll be able to get over the fact that I named my first dog "Zolie" (which I loved). I'm going to try on Xanthe and Zia for size. I do like Zinnia a lot too.

I still like Magnolia, but wonder now if it's too matchy with Cecilia? (The Lia ending...) We intended to just match the "Ah" sound.

We also came up with Zariah... I wonder if it's too "Sarah" derivative, but I do like it.
    Last edited by gati; October 2nd, 2011 at 10:16 AM.

LOVE Zenobia and Magnolia. Love. Other suggestions: Zephyra, Zafira and Zarina. I also think Magnolia and Cecilia are great together and not too matchy. The -lia ending and amount of syllables are really the only things similar about them, but the letters vary and the sounds are quite different.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Just lurking since the birth of my son S. G. A.
    Zorina, Faustine, Castalia, Vasilisa, Oriana, Anaxandra, Sebastiana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Caspian, Theron, Salvatore

Agree, that Zenobia is a bit much and that Magnolia fits well.

Love the suggestions of Zinnia and Zora.

Zara is nice too, but there's a prominent clothing store chain named Zara, so you might consider that.
    Current top 10:
    Girls: Greta, Gwendolyn, Iris, Irene, Ida, Beatrice, Penelope, Margaret, Hattie, June
    Boys: Henry, Dean, Desmond, Gregory, Arthur, Ingram, Griffith, Russell, Orion, Martin