Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't get excited with any boys names:-(

So I'm due in three months and I've got a girl's name picked, but if it's a boy then its another story. There's no boy's name that I absolutely love. We have a middle name picked - Declan - my OH's dad, who died eight years ago, but on first names I'm really stumped! My other half loves Alexander or August (Gus for short), and even though I 'like' them, I just can't get really excited about them.

So here's a list of some names that we've considered. I'd love some feedback - or even better some brand new suggestions

Alexander Declan
    August (Gus) Declan
    Everett Declan
    Nicholas Declan
    Joshua Declan
    Emrys Declan
    Nathaniel Declan
    Rowan Declan

I totally understand where you're coming from - there's a ton of girl names that I can get excited about and while I have a list of favorite boy names that I like, I don't have the same enthusiasm with any of them, but they seem like they're the best out there for my taste.

You've got a wide variety of first names, actually. What could help you is to decide what kind of style/vibe you really want - more traditional with Nicholas, Joshua and Nathaniel... More of a unisex or softer feel with Rowan or Emrys... More of a popular/modern traditional choice with Alexander... or more of a classic yet a little left of center with August/Gus and Everett. I personally like the last style/group of names with August and Everett; however, with whatever style you decide you like best, you can focus on finding more names like that.

Here's some suggestions...

Like Nicholas, Joshua, Nathaniel:
    Thomas
    Benjamin
    William
    Henry
    John
    Daniel
    Edward (LOVE underused nn Ned)

Like Rowan and Emrys:
    Emile
    Kendall
    Tobias
    Logan
    Kellan
    Cormac
    Sumner
    Jonah
    Micah

Like Alexander:
    Noah
    Jack
    Harrison
    Owen
    Landon
    Lucas

Like August and Everett:
    Leo
    Oliver
    Miles/Milo
    Elliott/Elias/Eli
    Wesley
    Dean
    Jude
    Cyrus
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. August (Gus). Colin. Ian. Wesley (Wes). Cyrus. Leland (Lee). Rufus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Zoe. Edith (Edie). Piper. Ivy. Josephine (Josie). Margot. Carys. Sylvie. Eve. Iris. Esme. Phoebe (Bee). Kaia.

Alexander Declan - I like this except for the repetition of 'an', makes me want to say Alexander Declander.
    August (Gus) Declan - nice.
    Everett Declan - love Everett, not loving them together though.
    Nicholas Declan - nice enough.
    Joshua Declan - flows well.
    Emrys Declan - love Emrys. Rhys Declan might be better though to break up the 2-2 syllable pattern. Still very nice
    Nathaniel Declan - I like this one, even though Nathan and Declan are kind of similar.
    Rowan Declan - both 2 syllables ending in -an, not ideal.

My favorites are Emrys, Nathaniel, and August. Some other ideas:
    Harvey Declan, Francis Declan, Oliver Declan, Sawyer Declan, Rory Declan, Miles Declan...
    Cora~Esme~Hazel~Sylvie~Thea
    Archer~Emmett~Ezra~Leo~Theo

Many women feel boys' names are harder since they're often more traditional, but what that really means is that if you choose something slightly off the beaten path it really stands out.

Declan is a lovely middle, especially as a tribute to your baby's deceased grandfather. I think something *like* Alexander would best pair with it-- three syllables, not ending in the repetitive -an sound. My favorite on your list is therefore Everett. Do you like:

Alistair (being from the UK)
    Barnaby
    Emory
    Forrester
    Gregory
    Julius
    Leander
    Marius
    Gabriel
    Theodore
    Zachary
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

"Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."