Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

You are a name consultant!

Player 1 (me): post a name or first/middle combo or full name that you like

Player 2: Give your honest thoughts and feelings about the name. Some questions you could ask yourself: "What is the first thing I think of when I hear this name? Does it sound good with that middle name(if player included a middle)? What could be improved? What are some other names that remind you of this one? Then post a name or first/middle combo or full name that you like.

Player 3: Give your honest thoughts and feelings about the names Player 1 and 2 posted. Some questions you could ask yourself: "What is the first thing I think of when I hear this name? Does it sound good with that middle name(if player included a middle)? What could be improved? What are some other names that remind you of this one? Then post a name or first/middle combo or full name that you like.

Player 4: Give your honest thoughts and feelings about the names Player 1 and 2 and 3 posted. Some questions you could ask yourself: "What is the first thing I think of when I hear this name? Does it sound good with that middle name(if player included a middle)? What could be improved? What are some other names that remind you of this one? Then post a name or first/middle combo or full name that you like.

Player 5: Give your honest thoughts and feelings about the names Player 2 and 3 and 4 posted. Some questions you could ask yourself: "What is the first thing I think of when I hear this name? Does it sound good with that middle name(if player included a middle)? What could be improved? What are some other names that remind you of this one? Then post a name or first/middle combo or full name that you like.

So, bottom line: give thoughts about names that all of the 3 players before you posted and then post your own name. Why all 3 players before you? So that each player gets a variety of opinions on their name.

Act as if you are giving them professional help with their names! And have fun with it!!

I WILL START: Perry/Parry what do you think about it as a boy or girl name? Which spelling do you think is better? Do you have any ideas of names that this could be a nickname for?
    Last edited by elizabethchappell15; May 16th, 2015 at 02:00 PM.

Perry. Out of those spellings. I would only use it for a girl. And I'd spell it Peri. I have no nicknames.

Summer Eliza?

Summer Eliza - As a fn/mn combo I couldn't really say, it would depend upon the surname, but without that information I think swapping it to Eliza Summer sounds better. The names on their own are both beautiful. Summer is pretty, and unique. Eliza is the only form of Elizabeth I like. Eliza is on my list of favorite girl names. I have never met anyone with the name Summer or Eliza.

Perry - I think Katy Parry when I first read this, and then my mind goes to my seventh grade SS teacher Mrs. Perry who was a terrible witch that had it out for me. God I hate that woman, worst teacher in my entire life. I also think of the platypus in the cartoon 'Phineas and Ferb'. The French pronunciation? of Paris. Not a name I would ever use. It sounds like a surname if anything. Overall blah name.

Marceline
    Favorite Girl Names
    Romy | Anthea | Lavinia | Marceline | Ione | Araceli | Freya | Sylvie

Favorite Boy Names
    Allen | Cameron | Matthew | Elliot | Gregor | Atlas | Colin | Anthony

@elizabethchappell15: I much prefer the Perry spelling. Parry looks like it's supposed to be a verb, to me. Perry is cute but not too cutesy and it's pretty masculine. I think the Perri/Perrie spellings are becoming more acceptable for a girl lately, however. I'm not sure how I feel about it on a girl. On a boy... I don't know any nicknames? On a girl... Perla? Perlita? Perpetua? Persephone? Maybe even something like Penelope Rose

@treesarecool57: I love Summer Eliza! Summer is so nice and refreshing, and Eliza is paired nicely with it, giving it a touch of classical elegance. It flows really nicely as well.

@emmatarin: I like the look and feel of Marceline but it feels a tad too Brangelina... which I know is "Marcheline" but still.

My question: How do you feel about the name Coral? Really think about it and say it out loud. Is it soft? Does it come out easily? I love the imagery it evokes and how it looks on paper but I'm not sure if it's choppy or not when said out loud. Lastly- do the combos Coral Erika and Coral Maisie sound too mismatched, in terms of flow and/or name style?
    19-year-old boy who just happens to like baby names.

Girls: Amberley, Astrid, Athena, Cypress, Darcy, Kassia, Kelsea,
    Kimberley, Laurel, Lindsay, Lisandra, Lissette, Marin, Maryelle,
    Misty, Rosemarie, Saba, Sabine, Sheena, Sky, Thalia

Boys: Alexander, Bjorn, Blair, Erik, Fable, Isaac, Kasey, Layne,
    Mark, Maverick, Montana, Riley, River, Sage, Satchel,
    Shane, Shea, Shepherd, Slade, Thatcher, Zander, Zane

@treesarecool57 I like Summer Eliza, the middle name especially. I think it works well as a combo, and I think Eliza Summer would work just as well. I think Summer is underused but super timely right now with Daisy and Lily and other flower names reemerging, and I think it's an excellent alternative to Winter, which I hate for some reason I can't put my finger on. I've always loved Eliza, it sounds so smart.

@emmatarin I looove the name Marceline, and it frustrates me how little attention it gets and that no one even really considers it a name -- Marcheline looks much less like a name than Marceline does to me. I have to admit though that I first came into contact with it through Adventure Time, haha... Marceline the Vampire Queen.

@youssarian I don't think Coral is offensive to the senses in any way, though I'd personally prefer Cora or Coraline. Something about the "l" ending maybe? (I'm also not a huge fan of Laurel) It does sound way less mumbled/muddied with the 'al' as opposed to Laurel's awful 'el.' Coral is definitely two-syllables, while Laurel sounds almost like one (I know you didn't ask about the name Laurel, I'm on a tangent). I like Coral Maisie, but I do think it'd work better as Coraline Maisie, with Coral or Cora as a nn, but that's just my personal taste. Not a fan of Erika, especially with a "k," I think it's kind of outdated. Maisie, on the other hand, is on-trend in the UK which as we all know means it's super cool. It's a favorite of mine, at least.

Are we just doing girls or can I say Reuben?
    (If we are just doing girls, then Roxanne)
    Writer. Not kids, but characters.

Margot • Hudson • Eloise • Olivia • Bridger • Stanford
    Justine - Paz - Grant - Rosalie - Becca - Brooklyn - Colin
    Simon • Cassie • Lainie • Byron • Jermaine • Claudia • Abbie
    Kieffer - Darcy - Sam - Jill - Noah - Damien - Stephanie
    Eliza • Gregory • Lloyd • Paisley