Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    @asthedreamer- Anyone who doesn't see the vintage charm of Agatha and Agnes is just nuts! Both of those names are gorgeous! I'm especially tempted to use Agnes in the future!
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend... 6/9/07

Margot Helen
    Ingrid Naomi
    Zelda Irene

Gwyneth*Thea*Portia*Rosalind*Thalia

Ephraim Charles
    Linus Arthur
    Cedric Jame

Conrad*Leander*Cormac*Leopold*Casimir*Augustin*Sil as*Dexter*Alasdair

George! I absolutely adore the name George and can totally see myself with a cute chubby baby George in my arms. Any time I say I like the name though, I get the D: reaction. Same goes for Frederick and Arthur. If we lived in a perfect world I would have five boys named James, Charlie, George, Freddy, and Artie.

@agirlinred: I find myself getting weird reactions from people when I tell them I love old names like Louis or Arthur. I've since then been tempted to just use Arthur as a middle name.
    --------------------------------

Ursula - I love the way this name sounds, but many (BF included) say it's too "sea witch". Honestly though, I think there are far worse things to be associated with than a cartoon villainess.

Janice - I was ripped to shreds at a different name board over this one. I just don't get how some people can gush on and on about how they love vintage names, but think you've "really drawn the line" with others. I was almost named this so if I ever decided to use it, I would use the Janis spelling. (after Janis Joplin)

Kent - my father's name was given poor reception as well. I have a rule that no child of mine will be named after a living relative, so I can't really use it anyway. Well, maybe as a middle name... still, I can't help but wonder why nobody liked this one.

Leela/Lila - using the lee-lah pronunciation only. BF says it's "too Futurama", but honestly I can't think of a better spelling to get the right pronunciation across. Personally, I prefer the Lila spelling more, but many have told me they see it as LIE-lah, which I find less appealing.

I love George and Arthur, but haven't gotten DH's support on them.
    Rupert too, DH associates it too much with Rupert Murdoch, then looks at me like I'm batty when I don't know who that is. Rest assured, I do now but I still don't really care. I love the name.

Both of our moms hate our boy name pick: Julian. They ganged up on us in a united front. Rare occurance.
    Veronika, Stephen, & Annora Josephine

@Veronika

I love Rupert too, but had to put it on my guilty pleasure list. I just can't see myself using it in real life. And Julian is a great name. I'm sure once your mothers meet their grandson they'll change their mind. That's always been the case in my family.

@valkyrie

I would love to meet a little girl named Ursula. That would totally change my image of the name. I like the idea of using Janis to honor Janis Joplin and Kent to honor your dad... maybe as middle names?