Names Searched Right Now:

Nn is chosen! But not sure of Fn...

Hey Berries

I'm in LOVE with the name Nina, but i'm concerned about the sound of it (it's not very fit for the corporate world...) That being said, I decided that Nina would just have to settle for a nickname. But now I can't find an appropriate first name that fits! My family hates all my suggestions, they said they all sounded too foreign. Best I can think of is Lorena(a family name). So, I would love some un-biased input, what first name options can give me Nina as a nickname?

Thanks all!

I think Nina is a perfectly dignified stand-alone name, so I'm not sure why you've deemed it inappropriate for the "corporate world." It's not overly girly or diminutive, which is an issue I DO have with popular names like Poppy and Kylie. Two famous Ninas, Nina Simone and Nina Garcia, both conjure images of power, intelligence, and style.

I say just go with Nina.

I personally find Nina to be perfectly suited for the business world. The only Nina I have ever known is extremely driven and has accomplished quite a bit; she's been in a ballet company, interviewed at red carpet premieres/the Oscars, done professional photography around the globe, etc. She is currently teaching at a college/university level in a foreign country (in a foreign language) and working on a children's book all while raising two kids. I don't know that I will ever shake that image of Nina. It just seems so solid and bold. However; if you don't like it as a full name that's fine. How about:
    Antonia
    Alexandrina
    Evangelina
    Nicolina
    Valentina
    Jeannine
    Angelina
    Carolina
    Georgiana

I think Nina is a fabulous name on its own and certainly would fit in the professional world. It's not like Lulu or Buffy or something.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I knew a Nina who's first name was actually Kristina.