Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alexis nn Lux

Question Alexis nn Lux

So, as a name addict I'm constantly tossing names at my significant other to see if he likes or dislikes them. We aren't ttc for the next couple of years, so this isn't a life or death matter, but for the first time the other day he suggested with great excitement a name to me that I don't hate (our tastes are quite dissimilar when it comes to girl names), he really likes the name Alexis with the nn Lux. I like Alexis even though it's not my usual style and a bit too popular but, I'm willing to compromise. However, Alexis is in his mind a perfectly acceptable way to get the nn Lux, I like Lux as a nn (it has personal significance to the two of us), but I feel getting it from Alexis is a stretch.

Is Alexis nn Lux usable? Can you suggest better ways to get to Lux? Also, I'm pretty sure I don't like Lux by itself as a given name even in the middle.

I love the name Lux, but I really don't like Alexis. It's really popular and I don't like the sound of it. Maybe you could get a full name from these:
    Lucille
    Lorraine
    Lorena
    Amaryllis
    Lucia
    Louisa
    Luminosa
    Tallulah
    Alix
    Maxima
    Allegra
    Eulalie
    Calyx
    Laurel
    Lillias
    Lotus
    Favorites:

Ophelia Lorraine Pearl ❤ Oliver Hugo Thomas

Kate

I love Lux and my husband and I discussed it for our first daughter, but it just didn't seem right as a proper first name. I actually like Alexis and I really like it as a way to get to Lux!

It has all the same sounds and a nickname doesn't have to religiously come from the first name (ie it doesn't matter that there's no "u" in Alexis). For me personally, it's whether it would stick as a name. I think Alexis nn Lux really would!!

And no offense to etak_llaw's list, but I think Alexis is a much better fit with Lux than any of the names mentioned in that list.
    We tried Pepper as a nickname for Petra and frankly, it didn't stand a chance. She has pet names (in this case "Pet Pet"), but won't get a nickname unless it comes from something completely unrelated.

I think if you want light, you should use Lucy/Lucia or something similar. Lux sounds like a dish detergent.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions berries I especially enjoyed your points about nicknames not needing to be exact matches for the given name, moxielove.