Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need a middle name for Avonlea (ah-von-lee).

~Avonlea (ah-von-LEE) is a fictional community located on Prince Edward Island, Canada, and is the setting of Lucy Maud Montgomery's novel Anne of Green Gables, following the adventures of Anne Shirley, as well as its sequels, and the television series Road to Avonlea.~

My husband and I are making a list of creative, unique, feminine names for girls Avonlea just stood out to me. My husband likes it - to my surprise. Lol. He thinks people will pronounce it wrong though, ( as in "AVON" the cosmetics or "LEE-AH"so he says we may need to change the spelling.

Also, we are having a hard time with middle names. Grace is the only one I like so far.

So please help us out by giving different spellings for Avonlea AND a middle name suggestions. THANKS!

I like Avonlea spelled the way it is. I wouldn't mess with the spelling. People will get it. Some middles:
    Avonlea Catherine
    Avonlea Brynn
    Avonlea Adele

Avonlea Grace is nice, too!

I would stick with the original spelling. Anne of Green Gables is such a popular book series that a lot of people (especially females) will know how to pronounce the name. If you change the spelling, then the name just looks ignorant.

People will know how to spell it. The name will lose any charm it has by changing the spelling. Have you thought about Rilla?
    Mom to: Henry*Violet*Annie*Joseph

I like Adele. : ) Our last name is one syllable, if that is helpful.