Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alycesaundra

Quote Originally Posted by erinpurple View Post
    Those are pretty bad... but the worst I have heard is from a friend of mine whose sister is a teacher. She told me about this directly so it is not an urban legend. A couple of years ago she was headed to her "meet the teachers" night before school started. She got her class list and saw a child listed as: L-ah.

She assumed it was a typo for Leah. When she met the child and parents she was horrified to learn that the child's name was in fact L-ah, pronounced "Ladasha" (La-dash-uh). Horrifying. The poor child.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is an urban legend that has been circulating for at least three years (though usually the name is spelled Le-a).

LOL I guess I am gullible then!!!! I totally believed her! Apparently this is how urbal legends are produced

Thank GOD its likely not true!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

Another one I have a problem with is modern invented names. I saw a Trynceleigh (trins-lee) with her name printed on the back of her cheer squad shirt. Ick. I have no problem with REAL unique names, but i was watching Toddlers and Tiaras and some of these little girls have names like Saryniti and Makynli. I also can't help but imagine little Aynzleigh as an 85-year-old in a nursing home.
    Last edited by oboeplayer1; June 17th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Alycesaundra - honouring grandmothers Alice and Sandra with a couple of tweaks 'to make it look nicer' maybe?

I don't watch Toddlers and Tiaras much, but I have seen it on occasion and am yet to find a correctly spelled name on there.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Once I saw a girl named Sparkal Queenz on Toddlers & Tiaras. And Iyeslah. (Isla, except NOT, obviously.)

It's terrible. No matter HOW you spell the child's name, they're still going to have to go by 'Iyeslah J.' and 'Isla M.' But that is NOT giving my permission to make up a name. GOOD GOLLY, THERE ARE PLENTY OF GOOD UNCOMMON NAMES THAT ARE RECOGNIZABLE AND NOT MADE UP.

(But can I just comment and say that I love your children's names? Miles nn Milo and Tessa are both on my list. Haha. )
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀