Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Different but not weird?

We are expecting baby number four in December and we recently found out that it's a girl. My husband and I can't seem to agree on many names so far. I definitely don't want another girl with the same name in her school/class, but some of the names I like have become more popular since I started making lists 7 years ago.

She will be a sister to Mckenna Claire, Barrett Scott William and Cadence Victoria. I have heard far more of the girls names than I would like, even though they are still in the two hundreds for popularity. My son's name I still love and I have yet to meet a little boy with his name.

So far hubby and I agree on:
    Brynn (LOVED - but a friend just used it so it seems less unique and ideally they would all have different initials)
    Scarlett (becoming trendy?)
    Sydney (too popular?)
    Ainsley (but it's a current gf to hubby's brother, argh)

Maybes:
    Teagan
    Kennedy
    Delaney

I LOVE, he doesn't:
    Avery
    Bryony
    Bronwyn

Possible middle names are Violet or Beatrice/Beatrix

My mother-in-law joked that I should use Noelle since I'm due right before Christmas. Yikes.

Back up boys name is Alexander (Xander) James after hubby James. Kind of an odd choice for us since we don't like nicknames. But we figured if he really didn't like it when he was older at least he could go by Alexander instead.
    Last edited by mmmama; August 23rd, 2011 at 05:25 AM.

Naming can be so difficult! My first thought for you was:

Adelaide

A few other ideas:

Juniper
    Felicity (might be sweet for a Christmas baby!)
    Nova
    Zara
    Skye
    Avalon
    Clio
    Arden

Of the ones you and your hubby agree on - I do really love Scarlet, and I think Sydney would fit nicely with your sibset.

Good luck!
    Amaryllis / Scarlet ('Scout') / Liosel ('Lio') / Persephone ('Persie') / Artemisia / Zenobia / Iris / Eyre / Zelda / Lachesis / Djuna / Jupiter / Silvestra / Ursula ('Sula')
    Frederick / Dante / Octavian / Wolfgang / Atticus / Caspian / Rhett / North / Orpheus / Zephyr / Callan / Aquilon / Cassius

Too many names to love!

Out of your list, the one I like best is Delaney.

Brynn- I know a Brenna and a Brynn right now, I do think it's becoming a more popular name- perhaps Brynna nn Brynn?

Sydney- this is a very popular name right now, and Scarlett I believe is getting up there and just doesn't seem to "go" with your other names. I agree that Delaney seems the best choice

I do like names like Adelaide, it was one of my grandmother Beatrice's (Bea) sisters. As was Violet. With my sibset I think those names work better as middle names. I do like Arden, but sadly it's on the list that hubby doesn't like. :P

Quote Originally Posted by petra.j View Post
    Naming can be so difficult! My first thought for you was:

Adelaide

A few other ideas:

Juniper
    Felicity (might be sweet for a Christmas baby!)
    Nova
    Zara
    Skye
    Avalon
    Clio
    Arden

Of the ones you and your hubby agree on - I do really love Scarlet, and I think Sydney would fit nicely with your sibset.

Good luck!