Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?

Hybrid View

Thoughts?

My partners have two little girls named Harmony and Melody. When I was pregnant this last time, I used Aria as a middle name to go along with the music theme. I'm not pregnant yet, but we would like to be within the next year or two. Well, I really dislike Cadence, so that's out. We have Lyra, Viola, Rhapsody and Virelai as middle name options - I'm willing to go pretty over the top in the middle, so any other music related suggestions would be nice. (Arietta and Allegra are out - she feels weird using Arietta and she dislikes Allegra.)

We have all agreed on Tabitha, Penelope and Cordelia as first name options. We played around with Tabitha Rhapsody last night, but I need another middle name (all the kids have two middles) I really love Penelope Virelai, though, as well. (Virelai is veer-ah-lie, kind of like Lorelai). Its a type of verse that is used in poetry and verse - my partner is an English major, so this fits with the musical theme and her passion for literature and poetry. Plus, it's French, and both of us have a strong French background.

I would like suggestions of Hispanic and Italian names that would also go with these, since those are also strong ethnic backgrounds in our family.

I kind of like Tabitha Rhapsody and Penelope Virelai! They're not quite my style, but I can appreciate them since hubby and I chose Allegra for our daughter's middle name. Have you considered the name Sonnet? Not quite musical, but given your partner's passion for poetry, it could work well. Plus, I think Sonnet would be gorgeous with all three of your first name options: Tabitha Sonnet, Penelope Sonnet, or Cordelia Sonnet. My maternal great grandmother had 2 sisters, Lizzie and Corisande. Corisande is Greek, and means "chorus singer". I have always loved it, and I know my mom called her Aunt Cos (sounds like Koss), so if you went with it as a first, that could be a good nn option.

Some other musical terms:

Adagio (A-DAJ-ee-o)
    Firmata
    Coda
    Andante
    Vivace (viv-AH-Chay)
    Dolce (DOL-say)
    Ancora

Thanks guys! I'm gunna run these by them and see what they say.

Sonnet isn't one I had considered before, but it has a pretty sound.

Vivace and Ancora are both really nice, too - Ancora fills my love for the Cor- sound.

Acappella - It's two seperate words a cappella
    Addolorato - Sorrowfully, maybe not.
    Allegretto
    Arabesque
    Cambia
    Cantata
    Fasola
    Grazia
    Ossia
    Ottava
    Senza
    Serenade