Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hazel or Clementine- Sister to Bay

Hi, everyone! I'm not pregnant yet but I'm trying to decide between my two current top names. Hazel is a family name that I love and think is totally usable and Clementine is a name I have always loved but that is a little more daring.

We live in Oklahoma and I think our area is pretty good about unusual names, though I would still expect some stares with Clementine. I also wonder if she would be taken seriously with such a whimsical name but I'm not sure either of those is reason enough not to use it.

We have a daughter whose nickname is Bay. Her full name is Bayard, which peaked in the late 1800s and Hazel and Clementine were popular then, which is important to me. Oh and our last name is very close to Sanders.

I guess that's my long way of asking: Which would you choose for a sister to Bay?

Thanks so much, this forum is awesome!
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

I prefer Hazel to Clementine with Bay. I have loved the name Bay for awhile now - never knew that it was short for Bayard

Quote Originally Posted by onelove19 View Post
    I prefer Hazel to Clementine with Bay. I have loved the name Bay for awhile now - never knew that it was short for Bayard
    It doesn't have to be, I just wanted her to have a more formal name in case she someday decided she wasn't a Bay or that it was too nickname-y. It took me a while to find Bayard and I hated it at first, then it grew on me. I think Bay is great on its own as well.

Hazel and Bay would be lovely! Whilst in general I prefer Clementine, I think it's a little too lengthy and musical next to sturdy little Bay/Bayard. Clementine and Bay ARE cute together, but I think Bay might feel a tad jealous of her sister's gorgeous and feminine name (not that Bay isn't just as brilliant - it is, in a different way). Where you planning on using a nickname for Clementine? Cleo and Bay I could see working.
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal with a lovely black kitten Shura <3

★ close to my heart / future darlings; ★
    Estella - Oona - Margaret - Imogen - Billie - Eilidh - Jemima - Elizabeth - Delia
    Emmett - Eoghan - Wilf - Alec - Nicholas - William - Hugh - Amadeus - Wes

Quote Originally Posted by oliviasarah View Post
    Hazel and Bay would be lovely! Whilst in general I prefer Clementine, I think it's a little too lengthy and musical next to sturdy little Bay/Bayard. Clementine and Bay ARE cute together, but I think Bay might feel a tad jealous of her sister's gorgeous and feminine name (not that Bay isn't just as brilliant - it is, in a different way). Where you planning on using a nickname for Clementine? Cleo and Bay I could see working.
    I would plan to use her full name as much as possible but I'm sure at times it would be shortened. I just think it's so pretty. I see what you mean about the contrast with Bay, though. Hazel is my top name because it's more useable, I just can't decide because Clementine is gorgeous, too.