Names Searched Right Now:

Name For A Red Betta Fish

Hello Berries,

I just bought a red, male, betta fish who needs a name. Any suggestions?

These are my favorites so far (in no particular order) :

Garbonzo
    Figaro
    Traveler
    Mirage
    Skip
    Wilbur
    Fern
    Sgt. Pepper
    Rigby
    Otis Redding
    Gatsby
    Eeyore
    Rizzo
    Jude
    Pip
    Mr. Darcy
    Moss
    Meadow
    Don Draper
    Sid Vicious
    Rudolf
    Fox
    Dr.Suess
    Toto
    Dancer
    Chai
    Henna
    Last edited by micaelasligh; August 21st, 2011 at 03:09 AM.

My husband told me that I'm not allowed to use titles for any of our pets, except for fish. We've come up with some doozies. We're actually getting a betta tonight, and deciding on a name.

Baron Bubbles
    Duke Dorsalfin
    Grandmaster Gill
    Sultan of Swim
    Friar Fishsticks
    Pontiff Preopercle
    Emperor Ectotherm
    Professor Pisces
    The Aquatic Ambassador

Obviously, we have too much fun with this, but the silliness is part of the appeal.

By the way, your suggestion of Sgt. Pepper made me so happy that I wanted to throw out all of these names and use that one instead. Except of course that I would constantly have the song stuck in my head.

Good luck!

Those names are fantastic! Don Draper actually ending up sticking, but I'm curious as to what you ended up picking. The Aquatic Ambassador is my vote (second to Sgt. Pepper of course :P).

Bumping this up to the top to see if anyone has some new suggestions! We got a betta for the kids for Christmas - he's mostly red with hints of green and a black band on the tail (like the butterfly coloring). I was thinking something red-themed, but not entirely sure. Any ideas?

Ohh beta fish names are fun! Back in college my best friends and I each got one, Edmund Tomorrow was purple, Emperor Uriel Septim was red and Tidy Bowl was (of course) blue :-) For a red Christmas fish there's always Rudolph or Poinsettia! With a hint of green maybe Mistletoe?