Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old Italian Name NEEDS NN

I'm extremely close to my grandmother, and for the last year or so I've been thinking about naming a future daughter after her (this is a few years away, yet, but still wanted to get some input!). Her name is Filomena (old school Italian), and she's gone by Dolly for most of her life.

If I do wind up giving my daughter her name, I feel like it's begging for a nn...Filomena might be a lot for a preschooler to handle. I've toyed with the idea of Mena (like Mena Suvari), but I was wondering if you experts could tease out any other potential nicknames. I appreciate the help!

wow-- my cousin's last name is Filomeno, and she had a great-aunt named "Filomena Filomeno"!! They used to call her "Aunt Ditto"!! Anyways, I absolutely LOVE the name, and almost think that "Filla" is the best option for nn. I'm so thrilled to hear this name hopefully being used!

How about Minnie?

I absolutely love the name Filomena!!! Its fabulous and I haven't heard anyone use it before I think Mena would be the best nn option here but theres also Filo (pron. Fye-low), it's kind of masculine but I think it's cute, Loma, Fila (Fee-la or Fye-la), Fil, Oma, Fena, Lena.

I hope this helps, and I really hope you use Filomena
    Favorites:

Ophelia Lorraine Pearl ❤ Oliver Hugo Thomas

Kate

I've heard Mina (Mee-na), Lena (Layna), and Leni (Laynee) as nns for Filomena. Lovely vintage name.