Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eloise...in real life?

I see this name has been getting a lot of comments about it's increasing popularity. Personally, I'm in love with the name. What I'm wanting to know is.....is it really becoming that popular in the real world or it's just getting a lot of talk on nameberry. I am yet to meet an Eloise.

Also, I have seen that Lola is a nickname for Eloise which I also love, but I actually see this nickname as a stretch. Do others think this or you see it as an obvious nickname. I realize nicknames tend to develop over time (well they do for me), I was just interested on your thoughts?? I don't like the nickname Ellie. I do like Elsie thou.

No, it certainly is not popular in the real world. The nickname Ellie, along with other El- names (Eliana, Ella, Gabrielle/Isabelle, etc.) are becoming quite common, but Eloise itself not so much. It's certainly far more popular than it has been in recent years, but at #530 I certainly wouldn't call it popular. Its most popular year was actually 1921, when it was the 164th most popular name. Eloise is rising, to be sure, but so what? Most names people on nameberry like are rising, and picking it now would mean you're ahead of the curve and your Eloise would likely not share a classroom with another one.

Thanks Daisy. Interestingly enough, I am contemplating Eloise Daisy. Is Daisy your real name?

Anyone else have thoughts/opinions?

I have only ever met one Eloise. She was a few years younger than me at school and would now be around 20 years old. I've certainly never met a little baby Eloise. Where are you, if you don't mind me asking? Your location could have some bearing on the popularity.

I'm with you on Ellie - never caught on with me at all, and my favourite name is Eleanor so the thought of her automatically becoming an Ellie concerns me. I adore Ella, despite its popularity, so that would be my go-to nickname. The Eloise I knew did go by Ellie for a time, but I don't think Lola is too much of a stretch. It's quite sweet, I think, as is Elsie.
    Eleanor, Violet, Grace, Milena, Polly, Marnie, Lila, Katharine, Serena.
    Flynn, William, Henry, Finn, Louie, Theodore, Walter, Jude, Arthur.