Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niteowl13 View Post
    Ellery is really pretty, if you can get past the fact that it sounds like celery.
    I would use it as mn though. I like Medieval sounding names and it reminds me of the name of a name in a historical romance novel.
    The spelling Eleri is cute too!
    I'm pretty positive Eleri is not pronounced the same. Eleri is more like "El-ayr-ee", stress on the second syllable.

PLEASE stop treating Ellery as a girls name. It is a boys name.
    Georgia Elizabeth
    Clara Penelope, Madeline Juliet, Lily Sailor, Annabelle Cosette, Bridget Dorothy, Charlotte Rose, Paige Virginia & Jude Gabriel, Henry Theodore, Rory Desmond, Luke Holden, Christian Alex, Aaron Quincy, Cody William

We almost named our 2nd daughter (Vienna) Ellery. So obviously, I love the name. To me, it sounds feminine, like Hillary. I know it can also be, and historically is, a boys name. My daughter has a little boy in her pre-school named Ellery, so now I can easily picture it on a boy too. I think it's climbing the charts in popularity. And I agree that if she's called Ellie, than it loses its appeal for me.
    Mom to Arienne Christina, Vienna Claire, and Clio Victoria!
    www.yournamestory.com

I'm not usually concerned about unisex names or switching genders. It just reminds me of the author of old detective stories that my grandma used to read when I was little - Ellery Queen. At the time I always thought it was a girl's name. I think it has a pretty sound to it.

No, please stop treating it as a unisex name that can work for boys. It's a boys name. Just cause it ends in "y" doesn't make it unisex.
    Georgia Elizabeth
    Clara Penelope, Madeline Juliet, Lily Sailor, Annabelle Cosette, Bridget Dorothy, Charlotte Rose, Paige Virginia & Jude Gabriel, Henry Theodore, Rory Desmond, Luke Holden, Christian Alex, Aaron Quincy, Cody William