Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    It doesn't sound like celery to me, because I (and most people around me, thus why I learned it that way) say celery more like celry (only two syllables). I assume Ellery has three...

It is a boys name. All boy. It's my brothers' name. It isn't a girls name. Boys name.
    Georgia Elizabeth
    Clara Penelope, Madeline Juliet, Lily Sailor, Annabelle Cosette, Bridget Dorothy, Charlotte Rose, Paige Virginia & Jude Gabriel, Henry Theodore, Rory Desmond, Luke Holden, Christian Alex, Aaron Quincy, Cody William

I love Celery with peanut butter.

Ellery is just not good as a name, I'm sorry.

Ellery is really pretty, if you can get past the fact that it sounds like celery.
    I would use it as mn though. I like Medieval sounding names and it reminds me of the name of a name in a historical romance novel.
    The spelling Eleri is cute too!
    Last edited by niteowl13; May 26th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

I like that Ellery is a unique name, and I love the nickname Ellie. But the possibility that she could be teased about the celery thing is always there. (Kids are mean- what can you do?) If you're willing to look at other names, Elliot or just plain Elle could be good substitutions.
    I'm Erin, a teenaged writer who loves names (and dessert).

Girls names of the moment: Delaney | Eleanor | Georgia | Kate | Lucy
    Boys names of the moment: Felix | Harry | Liam | Theo | Tobias