Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Drea/Dréa/Dreya?

Well, putting it three times in a row, it makes me think Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel.

But, moving on. Dreya. I saw this on another naming website today, and hmm... I quite like it. What do you think? Andrew's been shortened to Drew; can Andréa be shortened to Dréa? Can you picture an individual through her lifetime with the name Drea? What is she like in your mind? Do you have a strong sense of "Ooh, I love that name!"/"Ew, I hate that name!"/or are you more neutral? Any major drawbacks come to your mind right away? And how would you spell it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback! Love that you guys are such a great sounding board for names - NameBerries are the best.
    Proud mama of Evan Patrick, nicknamed Van.

Future sibling possibilities:
    Sister - Sylviane Eileen nn Sylvie, Celia Jane, Lela Clementine, Stevie Janine.

Brother - Ward. Now to figure out his middle name. Crushing on Ward Sebastian, just need to get the husband on board...

Re: Drea/Dréa/Dreya?

Are you wanting to use Andrea as the full name with nn Drea or just Drea by itself? Here is my honest opinion. It's not a name that I would personally choose. Although, I wouldn't choose Drew over Andrew either. I don't see anything wrong with using the full name Andrea and calling her Drea for short, but I wouldn't use Drea as a stand alone name. If you absolutely don't want to use Andrea nn Drea then I would suggest thinking about Freya instead. Drea by itself sounds dreary to me. Freya sounds light and airy. Hope this makes sense. lol Good luck!
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.

One of my best friends from college is Andrea (American pronunciation) so Andrea/Andréa is out. Her nn, if anything, was Andy, so I feel like Dreya is different enough that I could still consider it. Overall, I love the creative artistic feel of this name, and it goes great with our last name. That's the appeal. Freya seems a little too light/wispy somehow?

I'd love any other suggestions though! Our son's name is Briggs Nathaniel, if that helps.
    Proud mama of Evan Patrick, nicknamed Van.

Future sibling possibilities:
    Sister - Sylviane Eileen nn Sylvie, Celia Jane, Lela Clementine, Stevie Janine.

Brother - Ward. Now to figure out his middle name. Crushing on Ward Sebastian, just need to get the husband on board...

I think it's good as a nickname, but insubstantial as a given name. I also think people would automatically assume her full name was Andrea and it would be a pain to always be correcting that. I know quite a few Andreas with that nickname....I think it's fine, but pretty common.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!

I know a woman who has three children and the youngest is named Drea. While I like the name, because she is the youngest, and her children are usually listed by age, poor Drea is listed last, after the word "and". This makes her name constantly confused with Andrea. What's worse, she is an identical twin, so she is rarely just Drea. This may be something to keep in mind as even only children are listed with others in school, work, family, etc.
    My girls: Grace Patricia "Gracie Pat" & Eloise Martha "Elsie Mae"
    If we had a baby today: Moira Jane OR Desmond Walter
    Guys: Julian, Amos, Tobias, August, Silas
    Dolls: Iris, Hazel, Flora, Margo, Agnes

http://modernmonikers.wordpress.com