Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on name Athen for a boy? (like Athens without 's')

I am having a boy and am thinking of naming my son Athen , pronounced exactly like it is spelled, not "A-then", which I guess just rhymes with Ethan, which some people have said when I showed it to them. Does anyone have any thoughts on the name??? I thought of the name years ago and think it is different and sounds strong..but I can't bear the thought of people calling him
    "A-then" . Please help...

Re: Thoughts on name Athen for a boy? (like Athens without '

Without the s, I don't think anyone will get the pronunciation right. Also, they might think his name is Nathan and that somehow the N just got left off.

Is the s out because of the ln?

well i dont want to name my son after a city in Greece, which is why I want to leave the 's' off. I just like the name. I just don't get why people can pronounce Athens, but then when they see Athen, they suddenly fumble it and it becomes a completely different pronounciation..that they make up..

I love Athen and when I saw the post I thought of the city Athens and pronounced it in my head as Athen not A-than. I don't think anyone will think you left of the 'N'. I think you have a very cool name with Athen!

I immediately thought pronounciations as in Athens. I don't see how they are getting an A-then. You know I think this is a name that really grows on you. At first I was ????? but it is rapidly growing on me. I think it is a great unique name you have come up with. I can see friends and family falling in love with this once they get used to it. Go for it!