Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: How would you pronounce Philippa ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rory Phi-LIP-uh Jane

3 21.43%
  • Rory Philip-uh Jane

11 78.57%
  • Rory Pippa Jane

0 0%
  • Normally say Phi-LIP-uh, but you should use Philip-uh

0 0%

Whats your first reaction? New POLL included!

My dad and grandmothers whom I am close to are all in failing health. I would love to combine all their names into one and think I finally figured it out. tell me what you think

Rory Philippa Jane - whats your first reaction?

Rory- Ray
    Philippa - meaning lover of horses reminds me of my grandmothers who were obsessed with horses
    Jane- husbands grandparents John & Jean

Only problem is when I say the name to my husband he absolutely cannot stop laughing!!! Not a good thing! I normally prn Philippa as Phi-LIP-uh. If we prn Philip-uh I dont get the laughing response.
    Also dh said he likes Rory Pippa Jane too. I like that option too, it just seems a bit cutesy and insubstantial Not as pretty as Philippa.
    So wdyt of pronunciation issue?

Wdyt? RORY PHILIPPA JANE a keeper?
    SAHM to Tess, Kaia and Jasper
    Hopeful for Penelope and Emmett someday
    180movie.com
    "The earth, O Lord, is full of your mercy: teach me your laws" Psalm 119:64

Re: Whats your first reaction? New POLL included!

I went for the second pronounciation, which I would write as PHIL-ip-uh. That's just the only way I've ever heard it and the only way I'll ever say it. I don't think it matters much how you personally pronounce it though, you won't be saying it aloud much. I agree that Pippa doesn't have as much substance to it as Philippa does.

Impression of the overall name .. I can't say I like Rory for a girl. I much prefer Aurora with Rory as a nickname, Rory just seems too masculine to me. I like the Philippa Jane part a lot though
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

Thanks Genevieve! I knew I needed someone from the UK to help me out! That sounds natural and much better!!
    SAHM to Tess, Kaia and Jasper
    Hopeful for Penelope and Emmett someday
    180movie.com
    "The earth, O Lord, is full of your mercy: teach me your laws" Psalm 119:64

Being in the UK, I've known several Philippas... all who pronounce it PHIL-ippa. The pn phil-LIP-ah sounds silly to me... a bit like flipper.

Rory Philippa Jane is OK. I like Jane, and I like the flow of them together, but I'm not overly keen on Rory. It is a lovely and very spunky nickname for Aurora though. Aurora Philippa Jane is gorgeous!
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)