Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on Astrid?

I like Astrid! It was the name of a fairy in a childhood book I read. I think it's pretty, reminds me of the stars and a rainbow. I don't think you necessarily need a Norse heritage to pull this name off!
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.

I think Astrid's great! It's the name of a character on one of my favorite TV shows, "Fringe." I'm not a huge fan of the nickname Attie, but I could see it working well for some girls.

Astrid has been my favorite girls name for a while now. I've never met anybody in real life with the name, but I do know one person online who has it. I don't really like Attie, though, but it's always a possibility in case she is teased. I don't have any Nordic roots but would be perfectly happy to use the name. I do absolutely adore this name, though, and I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    thalia josephine ruby astrid clio

julian adrian felix sebastian ruben

I Love the name Astrid! Definitely use it. I think of Fringe too, but mainly Pippy Longstocking author Astrid Lindgren. I think it is great as a full name and does not need a nn. I am not a fan of Attie.

I'm actually not a big fan of the sound of this name. However, if you love it, I think you should use it. I don't think you need to have the specific heritage for this name.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!