Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who do you imagine with these names? (Part 2 of 2)

And part two! What kind of girl pops into your head when you heart these names?

Clementine
    Noa
    Gwendolyn
    Malena
    Liesl
    Katherina (silent h)
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!

Re: Who do you imagine with these names? (Part 2 of 2)

Anyone?

It's just helpful because these are names that I would use, but I have certain images in my head - images that correlate to what I'd hope for my daughter. I'm curious if they line up with wider images.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!

Absolute first thoughts:

Clementine - a tasty little orange
    Noa - perfume
    Gwendolyn - stuck in a tower
    Malena - president's daughter (close enough)
    Liesl - Diesel from Thomas the Tank Engine
    Katherina (silent h) - Russian sex worker

After a moment's thought:

Clementine - Oh my darling
    Noa - still perfume
    Gwendolyn - King Arthur (I know, that's Guinevere)
    Malena - yuck
    Liesl - Sound of Music
    Katherina (silent h) - Bolsheviks
    Mother of Gideon Bernard (4/30/09) and Sylvie Louise (9/26/11).

I wonder why someone would bother posting if their comment was going to be 'yuck'. Oh well, onto the actual question:

Clementine - I just can't like this name. Beyond the orange and oh my darlin' connotations, it also lacks a natural nn. Clem/mie just isn't lovely at all to me!

Noa - a pretty sound, but too similar to very popular Noah. It also makes me think it is a nn for something more substantial, like Lia could be for Amelia or something. I picture a little sprite of a girl, not fragile but slight

Gwendolyn - my DD so I'm biased. This name has everything I wanted: easy to spell, easy to say, familiar but not common, feminine but not frilly, strong but not gender neutral, easy to nickname (with lots of options!) and adapts itself to many personalities. PP and other have said that it seems like a princess but it really doesn't at all to me. It sounds grounded and practical, but spunky and lively too.

Malena - Not my favorite -lena name; prefer Helena. Seems slightly foreign like I would expect the parents to have maybe left their home country as adults

Liesl - I've always loved Liesl since the Sound of Music. I would hate for people to mis-hear Lisa though. I picture a beautiful girl, very self possessed and maybe a little bossy.

Katherina (silent h) - I love the sound but prefer Katerina spelling. Not my favorite of the Katherine derivations. I do always think of a lovely, graceful figure skater though because of Katerina Witt.

Really? Maybe some of us are a little more succinct in our appraisals. I wonder why someone would bother boorassing somebody else about their impressions of a name. :roll:
    Mother of Gideon Bernard (4/30/09) and Sylvie Louise (9/26/11).