Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Who do you imagine with these names? (Part 1 of 2)

Quote Originally Posted by gwensmom
    It's prettier pronounced in the French way but it's not realistic that it would be, outside of a French speaking area.
    I probably should have added that I live in NYC (culturally diverse) and that I'm half-French (with citizenship) so any child of mine would travel to France. I have a very French name and while people in the US don't say it exactly the same, they deal with it when I correct the pronunciation. I don't think it's too hard to fix.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!

Juliette - Obviously a beauty. Someone brave. I would be afraid of a child not living up to this name though. The name is too big, the character too well known. People would always associate this name with the character Juliette and who she was, not who your daughter is.

Sabine - dark, confident. This name reminds me of Sabrina which reminds me of the teenage witch.

Georgina - I do not like the name Gia. It makes me think of the supermodel who died. She was on drugs and died of Aids. Georgina is not my favorite name either. Reminds me of the boy's name, George, which is very plain.

Agnes - This name makes me think of a wrinkled smoker who lived a hard life.

Anais - I think this name is trying too hard.

My favorite from the list is Linnea but I prefer the more common, Lydia.

Juliette- a quiet understated mousy brunette. Medium height, slender.

Sabine- blonde, picture if you can, a Luna lovegood type character, pale and flighty with a hidden strength, almost fairy like or ghostly.

Georgiana (nn Gia)- a spoiled dark hair dark eyed Italian princess type girl.

Agnes - a wrinkly old lady

Anaďs - a spunky 20 something girl with a pixie cut and an attitude.

Linnea - a prissy stepford wife with curly dark blonde hair and her pointy nose in everyone's business.

Juliette - A pretty girl with black hair, blue eyes, and perfect, pale skin. She's misunderstood by many, and is a great piano player. She's average-height, a bit underweight. She's quiet and calm.

Sabine- A girl with white-blond hair and green eyes, a nose a bit too large for her skinny face, and a splash of freckles on her upper cheeks and nose. She's the "popular", and is a bit snobby. She does ballet. She's tall, underweight, and gossipy.

Georgiana (nn Gia)- A chubby girl with dark hair and olive skin. She has chocolate-brown eyes. She's always happy, and deep dimples appear in her cheeks when she smiles. She's well-known at school, and loves acting in her school plays.

Agnes-Sabina's housekeeper, with very short (like a boy's haircut) red curls and hazel eyes.

Anaďs - a rich "daddy's girl" with a pixie cut brown hair and brown eyes.

Linnea - a girl with thin blonde hair and a pointed chin. She's mischevious and always has a plan up her sleeve. She's got innocent blue eyes, so you'd never suspect her. She competes in gymnastics and is very involved in it. Grades are not too important to her.
    Mother of the 6-year-old finger-painter, Benjamin Henry (and proud of it, too)

Also proud to be the mother of blue-eyed twins, Amelia Joy and Athena Maya, born Thursday, August 4, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by ali-o
    Anais - I think this name is trying too hard.
    Trying to hard...at what? I'm really curious. I'm open to all opinions, but I'm curious as to what you think it seems to be trying to hard at.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!