Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Common teen names now, straight from the source

I worked in a daycare and as a nanny in the mid to late 90s (in north Louisiana), and these are some of the names I remember being pretty popular (at least two of each of these) from that time:

Taylor, Tyler, Tanner, Tucker, Brandon, Branson, Bryson, Bryce, Brady, Brody, Bronson, Cole, Cade, Cody, Colton, Caleb, Dylan, Joshua, David, Daniel, Jared, Jarett, Ethan, Alex, Michael, Connor, Landon, Ryan, Spencer, Beau, Kyle, Riley, Jacob, and Cameron

Taylor, Tyler, Sidney, Bailey, Sierra, Savannah, Kaitlyn/Katelyn/Caitlyn, Kayla, Kaylen, Kelsey, Kelly, Kylie, Ainsley, Addison, Madison, Madeline, Ashton, Ashleigh, Courtney, Morgan, Rachel, Rebecca, Brooke, Sarah, Hannah, Anna, Lauren, Shelby, Michaela/MyKayla /etc., Maci, Mackenzie,and Emily

I think that about covers it, lol.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)

Girls: Susannah, Mahalia, Cassia, Tosca, Petra, Yael, Jerusha, Jewel, Rose, Dove, Kate, and Eve
    Boys: Gideon, Gabriel, Rafael, Dominic, Benedict, Sam, Desmond, Theodore, Tobias, Jonathan, Mordecai, and Sebastian
    Guilty Pleasures: Aurelia, Cosima, Eowyn, Neytiri, Rukia / Remy, Gryffin, Gareth, Eddard, and Judah

All of these names could have come straight from my high school rosters. Hubs and I have a bear of a time in any name discussion because it seems like everything he picks (Zach, Colton and Hannah were the most recent) give me immediate shivers of revulsion as I associate them with less-than-delightful students...

Re: Common teen names now straight from the source

Quote Originally Posted by miloowen
    I teach in Florida, and the two most common names on my high school students for girls are Jessica (all ethnicities and races) and Kiera, Keira, Keiairra and I can't even begin to give you all the spelling variations.

For guys, Caucasian guys -- Alexander wins. For African American guys, it's Dejon, Dajuan, Dajaun, Deijon, D'jauyn, Dyjaun, etc, with as many spelling variations as there are kids.
    I do like the sound Keira, but had know idea it was so popular. Glad I went with Audrey for my 18 month old. Sometimes I laugh when I look at my baby list (not sure how some names got on there other than pregnancy brain).

Here's the top 10 for my high school. We're in Alabama.

1. Alex/Alexander
    2. Matt/Matthew
    3. Michael
    4. Ben/Benjamin
    5. Branden/Brandon
    6. Chris/Christopher
    7. Josh/Joshua
    8. Patrick
    9. Taylor
    10. Tre/Trey

1. Jessica
    2. Lauren
    3. Ashley
    4. Brittany/Brittney
    5. Meagan/Megan
    6. Mary
    7. Sara/Sarah
    8. Elisabeth/Elizabeth
    9. Hanna/Hannah
    10. Kati/Katie/Katy

Midwestern United States

I'm a highschool teacher. Here are some very popular names for teenagers today:

MiKayla, McKayla, Kayla, etc...
    Tanya, Tonia, Tonya
    Cassie, Cassidy, Cassandra

Nick, Nicholas
    Zachery, Zachary, etc...