Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Common teen names now, straight from the source

I worked in a daycare and as a nanny in the mid to late 90s (in north Louisiana), and these are some of the names I remember being pretty popular (at least two of each of these) from that time:

Boys
    Taylor, Tyler, Tanner, Tucker, Brandon, Branson, Bryson, Bryce, Brady, Brody, Bronson, Cole, Cade, Cody, Colton, Caleb, Dylan, Joshua, David, Daniel, Jared, Jarett, Ethan, Alex, Michael, Connor, Landon, Ryan, Spencer, Beau, Kyle, Riley, Jacob, and Cameron

Girls
    Taylor, Tyler, Sidney, Bailey, Sierra, Savannah, Kaitlyn/Katelyn/Caitlyn, Kayla, Kaylen, Kelsey, Kelly, Kylie, Ainsley, Addison, Madison, Madeline, Ashton, Ashleigh, Courtney, Morgan, Rachel, Rebecca, Brooke, Sarah, Hannah, Anna, Lauren, Shelby, Michaela/MyKayla /etc., Maci, Mackenzie,and Emily

I think that about covers it, lol.
    Current Favorites

Girls: Susannah, Mahalia, Tosca, Cassia, Jerusha, Jewel, Rose, Dove, Kate, and Eve
    Boys: Gideon, Gabriel, Rafael, Dominic, Benedict, Sam, Desmond, Theodore, Tobias, and Sebastian
    Guilty Pleasures: Aurelia, Cosima, Eowyn, Neytiri, Rukia / Remy, Gryffin, Gareth, Eddard, and Judah

All of these names could have come straight from my high school rosters. Hubs and I have a bear of a time in any name discussion because it seems like everything he picks (Zach, Colton and Hannah were the most recent) give me immediate shivers of revulsion as I associate them with less-than-delightful students...

Re: Common teen names now straight from the source

Quote Originally Posted by miloowen
    I teach in Florida, and the two most common names on my high school students for girls are Jessica (all ethnicities and races) and Kiera, Keira, Keiairra and I can't even begin to give you all the spelling variations.

For guys, Caucasian guys -- Alexander wins. For African American guys, it's Dejon, Dajuan, Dajaun, Deijon, D'jauyn, Dyjaun, etc, with as many spelling variations as there are kids.
    I do like the sound Keira, but had know idea it was so popular. Glad I went with Audrey for my 18 month old. Sometimes I laugh when I look at my baby list (not sure how some names got on there other than pregnancy brain).

Here's the top 10 for my high school. We're in Alabama.

Boys:
    1. Alex/Alexander
    2. Matt/Matthew
    3. Michael
    4. Ben/Benjamin
    5. Branden/Brandon
    6. Chris/Christopher
    7. Josh/Joshua
    8. Patrick
    9. Taylor
    10. Tre/Trey

Girls:
    1. Jessica
    2. Lauren
    3. Ashley
    4. Brittany/Brittney
    5. Meagan/Megan
    6. Mary
    7. Sara/Sarah
    8. Elisabeth/Elizabeth
    9. Hanna/Hannah
    10. Kati/Katie/Katy

I'm a highschool teacher. Here are some very popular names for teenagers today:

Girls:
    McKenzie
    MiKayla, McKayla, Kayla, etc...
    Sara
    Emily
    Alicia
    Taylor
    Tanya, Tonia, Tonya
    Cassie, Cassidy, Cassandra

Boys:
    Tyler
    Nick, Nicholas