Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one is best in your opinion?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caitlin McGillis

12 26.67%
  • Katelyn McGillis

2 4.44%
  • Katherine McGillis

12 26.67%
  • Catherine McGillis

29 64.44%
  • Kathryn McGillis

2 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Which Version Sounds Best?

Is the name Caitlin McGillis too much of a mouthful? Would Katherine/Catherine/Kathryn sound better?

Which spelling works best?

I prefer Catherine McGillis personally.
    Nothing wrong with Caitlin, but I feel like Catherine flows better
    August Calvin Clayton Daniel Dexter Dominic Felix Frederic Graham Isaac Maxwell Nicholas Oscar Oswald Raphael Reuben Sebastian Thomas Wallace

Aurelia Avery Beatrix Bridget Clara Daniela Emilia Grace Greta Isobel Joanna Juniper Kate Lillian Lucille Marina Ramona Sofia Sidonia Sylvia Violet

Of your choices Catherine is my favorite. Another idea you might like is Kathleen (has Irish roots like Caitlin but is now much less common and not usually kre8tivly spelled).

I think Caitlin McGillis works fine, both names are two syllables long so neither is really more of a mouthful than the other. If you're leaning towards a Catherine variation, I'd consider what, if any, nicknames you plan on using and your preferred spelling of those - I tend to prefer K spelling nicknames (Kitty, Katie, etc) to go with Katherine and C spelling nicknames (Cate, Cathy, etc) to go with Catherine as it keeps the constant initial, and you'd need to consider whether that would bother you.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Catherine McGillis looks very elegant and polished. I think Catherine flows better than Caitlin. Catherine is timeless whereas Caitlin was trendy in the 80's-90's so I think it's "dated" to that period.
    All the best,
    Mischa.